Samurider

AlexCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone else been having trouble getting through to samurider via their website contact form? I'm trying to order a Road Comet 2 for my 2013 but both the enquiries contact form and the contact us form it just comes up with a Japanese error message.

Anyone have an email address for them?
 
I've definitely been having trouble, so I'm glad you asked. My K10 tank developed a "gas bubble". Evidently, there is a pinhole leak behind the gas cap which allows vapor to get under the paint and expand. In any case, the paint shop working on it has asked that I provide get paint code. I have emailed Takashi directly, sent one to the contact address that LP listed, and also used the form on the website. I haven't heard back. It's been a couple of weeks. At the end of the day, the shop can match it, but I just wanted them to have the best info to make sure that things work out. Anyway, if anybody hears from Mr. T, or anybody at Samurider, let me know. Hope that they're OK.
 
According to his website they were on national Japanese holidays from 29 April to 5 May. Should be back now I would think.
 
I have nothing but extremely good experiences with Samurider. Always very prompt replies and really excellent service. He is probably on leave. Did you check if the 'Japanese error message' possibly tells you something about a holiday period?
 
Thread starter
I did pop it in Google translate and it said something along the lines of your message cannot be sent at this time please try again later.
 
Last week was Golden Week in Japan, which is a holiday week. I think they also posted on Facebook about being closed last week, so nothing unusual.
 
A lot of the stuff is made to order. Mr. T doesn’t stock everything but gets it and ships it. The best way to find out if the item is available is to ignore the site and ask Mr. T directly using his email: contact@samurider.com
 
That is also how I understand Samurider.com. Takashi is the middleman: he receives your order, buys it for you from the manufacturer, and make sure you get it at your home. It is confusing that his website says that items are out of stock. This may deter a lot of customers to place orders.
 
When I ordered my fairing from him he initially told me 4 - 6 weeks because it was a bit of an oddball color and Chic would have to make it, but he contacted me the next day and said he had one and shipped it right out. I had it in my hands 5 days later.
I took almost 4 weeks for a package to get from CA to MI last year, yet I got a package from Japan in 5 days.
Gotta love the USPS these days.
 
bioman_imp said:
That is also how I understand Samurider.com. Takashi is the middleman: he receives your order, buys it for you from the manufacturer, and make sure you get it at your home. It is confusing that his website says that items are out of stock. This may deter a lot of customers to place orders.
Uh, it sure does. I can attest to that. He should really change the verbiage. Now that I know that “out of stock” doesn’t mean “don’t bother”, there are several things that I am interested in. Thank you for that helpful tidbit!
 
Gee, give the bloke a break. English is his second language and, according to nearly everything I've read here're provides a level of service that shames most European/American/Australian outlets. The moral is just ask him. If there's a way to help you, Mr T will find it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Gee, give the bloke a break. English is his second language and, according to nearly everything I've read here're provides a level of service that shames most European/American/Australian outlets. The moral is just ask him. If there's a way to help you, Mr T will find it.
I think you misunderstood the intent of my message if you thought I was giving him a hard time. I wasn't harping on him at all. On the contrary. I was excited to hear that the out of stock items were still available. I had figured that the bike was old enough at 7-8 years that demand for those parts was low enough that they were no longer being made or were available when they were listed as out of stock (hence the "don't bother" ordering).

Not deriding him in anyway. Full stop.
 
Back
Top