Samurider Paniers-review + pictures

Click the link in my signature for more information (and pics) on routing the turn signal wiring to the license plate. My aftermarket signals came with long enough wiring to reach the factory plugs at the battery. The stock lights need an extension.
 
tomas_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Do the bags detach somehow and what does it leave on the bike when detached?
You can detach them by undoing the two bolts that has them attached to the bike. It's not quick release by any means, but it doesn't take very long. I think these bags were meant to remain on the bike, for storage at all times.
You can detach them by undoing the two bolts that has them attached to the bike. It's not quick release by any means, but it doesn't take very long. I think these bags were meant to remain on the bike, for storage at all times.
kennyw_imp said:
Click the link in my signature for more information (and pics) on routing the turn signal wiring to the license plate. My aftermarket signals came with long enough wiring to reach the factory plugs at the battery. The stock lights need an extension.
Thanks kenny!
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
My panniers came in today. Of course, I wasn't home to receive them so I have to stop by the post office tomorrow and pick them up. One week from Japan to San Diego. Impressive. I'm excited to get them mounted and will come back to share my photos.
Once you have them installed can you let me know if the turn signal modifications are difficult? It looks to me like you just have to install the extenders and mount them on the license plate bracket with that black mount. Do you have to cut any wires or solder anything?

Also wondering if these would work with the Yoshi RS-3 slip on. It's hard to tell but I feel like it might be too high to fit these. Anyone know?
I'll let you know about the turn signals. And I have the RS-3 slip on, so I'll let you know about that as well. Looking at the photos that tomas posted, I can't imagine it's going to be a problem. Looks to be plenty of clearance.
I'll let you know about the turn signals. And I have the RS-3 slip on, so I'll let you know about that as well. Looking at the photos that tomas posted, I can't imagine it's going to be a problem. Looks to be plenty of clearance.
Now that I figured out how to relocate the turn signals, I can say it's not difficult. Figuring it out, however, at least for me, was challenging and frustrating. I'm confident I can help you avoid much of that frustration. No soldering needed with the included extenders. I was very happy about that. I'll be doing a full write-up to complement the one by tomas. Stay tuned ...

EDIT: BTW, plenty of clearance with the Yoshi RS-3 slip-on.
 
I have always liked these panniers. This is exactly what i want in a side box.

But Samurider has stated they can't be installed on a DLX. What gives? Exhaust clearance?

I'm not opposed to some light modding to make them fit.


Kirk Out
 
jamestkirk_imp said:
I have always liked these panniers. This is exactly what i want in a side box.

But Samurider has stated they can't be installed on a DLX. What gives? Exhaust clearance?

I'm not opposed to some light modding to make them fit.


Kirk Out
Yep. Probably exhaust clearance.

I was looking at various saddlebag options for our DLX. Haven't found anything yet, but I'm sure that it can be done. Probably.

:dodgy:
 
Thread starter
jamestkirk_imp said:
I have always liked these panniers. This is exactly what i want in a side box.

But Samurider has stated they can't be installed on a DLX. What gives? Exhaust clearance?

I'm not opposed to some light modding to make them fit.


Kirk Out
Hi jameskirk,
Did Samurrider state that it was a exhaust clearance issue for the DLX. The bags have a lot of clearance spacing on my 2013 model, does the exhaust on the DLX swing that much further up?
 
The side rail mounting bolt location changed on the deluxe to accommodate the new seat via a drop bracket. You can probably use them with a seat from a 2013 or 2014 standard or an aftermarket seat like the Corbin. The frame provisions are the same on the standard and deluxe, there is just an extra bracket for the deluxe since the seat hangs lower.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
The side rail mounting bolt location changed on the deluxe to accommodate the new seat via a drop bracket. You can probably use them with a seat from a 2013 or 2014 standard or an aftermarket seat like the Corbin. The frame provisions are the same on the standard and deluxe, there is just an extra bracket for the deluxe since the seat hangs lower.
Did not know that, that makes more sense. Thanks much, now I know.
 
OK, that's all i need to know. i've got a corbin. i'm going for it. i'll be the first(?) to mount them on a deluxe. they're just perfect for this bike.

although, i'm looking to sell that corbin. it's super comfortable but i don't like being stuck in a single riding position. i'd love to have something thick, high and flat.

-Kirk Out
 
jamestkirk_imp said:
OK, that's all i need to know. i've got a corbin. i'm going for it. i'll be the first(?) to mount them on a deluxe. they're just perfect for this bike.

although, i'm looking to sell that corbin. it's super comfortable but i don't like being stuck in a single riding position. i'd love to have something thick, high and flat.

-Kirk Out
I knew a girl like that once, but this is not the place to talk about that. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
jamestkirk_imp said:
OK, that's all i need to know. i've got a corbin. i'm going for it. i'll be the first(?) to mount them on a deluxe. they're just perfect for this bike.

although, i'm looking to sell that corbin. it's super comfortable but i don't like being stuck in a single riding position. i'd love to have something thick, high and flat.

-Kirk Out
I knew a girl like that once, but this is not the place to talk about that. :P
:beerchug:

I received a reply from Mr T. Great personable service. His opinion on mounting these on a Deluxe supports my ambition to make it happen. Now all I need is the dough! -Kirk Out

Mr T's reply:

Dear James,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.
*we are sorry for the late reply, we are back to work today.

Regards to your question, the reason is just the manufacture does not check the compatibility with the Deluxe and EX model.
I think it can be installed with or without minor alterations.
The exhaust clearance should be okay.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=23476/#itemImage

Price: 95000JPY
Shipping to USA: 5500JPY
Total Price: 100,500-JPY / approx. $870-

*lead time: 1-2 weeks,+1 week to your door.

I will send you an invoice through PayPal, if you agree with that.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Takashi
 
And THAT is how the bike mags should rate the capacity! :excited: :beerchug:
 
Houston we have a problem.

I started to mount these today. Spent a while because I had to modify my homemade plate bracket to fit on the blinker relocation bracket.

Before I wired everything up I decided to mount one side and see how it fit before reassembly of the blinkers and fender.

I don't know if it is just because my wife is 5-2, but she can't ride with these. Her feet would have to be in an unnatural position-pretty much on the heel, and her calf would be in constant contact with the case. No good!! :(




[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0646_zpscqelowzb.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0643_zps5ovss4el.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top