MRA Vario windshield, Kijima rack & Alaskan sheepskin seat pad

ScottWally_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Here's the current setup - not a cafe racer for sure, but will end up being a light tourer once I get saddlebags, panniers or cases. I'm leaning towards saddlebags since I already have a Tour Master tail bag and the matching saddlebags look to fit well and with little modifications (read, low $$ too). The MRA Vario works very well creating a nice calm pocket from chin to waist, but you couldn't smoke a cigarette with the wind that still hits your face (I don't smoke - just a reference to the H-D riders I see smoking while riding). I wear a full face or modular helmet and earplugs when in extended highway use, so this works out just fine.



[url=http://s174.photobucket.com/user/scottwally/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/0B23A39C-59AA-40B6-A74E-142AD36B4765_zpsr5pwith0.jpg.html]

[url=http://s174.photobucket.com/user/scottwally/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/BCFF8041-194D-4DDB-B14B-7F2B19C872C8_zpsv25imto7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s174.photobucket.com/user/scottwally/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/CB0F8399-F5BB-4340-A697-ADAC9CAA7515_zpswfaptwis.jpg.html]

[url=http://s174.photobucket.com/user/scottwally/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/2655F894-F738-42D2-9F9B-4E2F1EA78EB1_zpsk17gp4nk.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
I bought for my ST1100 a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure it's their 'medium' size. I wouldn't ride more than 100 miles without one.
 
Darn, for more than half a year I was running around with the idea of a sheepskin at my seat and thought that would be really cool!

And now everybody is coming up with a sheepskin. It's not cool, if everybody has it. :s
 
Thread starter
Big thanks to Mr. T at Samurider for the quick delivery of the Kijima rack. Fits well and installed in less than 30 minutes. Exactly what I was hoping for on this bike.
 
ScottWally, Bike looks great. I don't think I have seen that screen before on the forum but I like it.
Sheepskin on the seat is a must for comfort and works surprisingly well in hot weather. :biker:
 
ScottWally_imp said:
And now...RLET's!!!
I'd post pics but don't want the anti-RLET folks to be jealous

And another angel gets her wings. :angel:
 
And Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally! :excited:
 
ScottWally, is there a link to your back rack?
Everyone mentions Mr T - excuse my newbie, but the only Mr T I know was a TV show - lol.
Any problem ordering from Japan website, ....

I went to Terms & Conditions | Samurider.com and I guess that answered those questions.
I'm not comfortable with using a venue like that, but the items seem nice and reasonable though.
 
Rbike,

Takashi Takase is the owner of samurider. We call him Mr. T and he knows it, and is a forum sponser.

His customer service is second to none and he speaks very good English. If you order, you will get it faster than from most companies in the US. Usually in 2 or three days, unless the item has to be made first. An example is the Chic Design Road Comet fairing which took me a month or so to get.

Another is webike ( japan.webike.net ) They are reputable, but don't speak English and apparently use Google translate. That can be pretty funny and we had a thread about it once.

Its a world economy now. Some stuff you can only get from overseas. Jump in and enjoy the times!!
 
Thread starter
I can second having a perfect experience with Samurider - I wouldn't hesitate buying though him again. Lots of cool parts over in Japan for our CB's not available here in the US.

SW
 
rbike_imp said:
ScottWally, is there a link to your back rack?
Everyone mentions Mr T - excuse my newbie, but the only Mr T I know was a TV show - lol.
Any problem ordering from Japan website, ....

I went to Terms & Conditions | Samurider.com and I guess that answered those questions.
I'm not comfortable with using a venue like that, but the items seem nice and reasonable though.
I was a little hesitant at first, but I found that buying from Samurider was faster and more convenient than ordering from some U.S. based suppliers. The selection farkles that he carries for the CB11 is second to none.
 
Ya, dealing with him with that odd purchase system is very uncomfortable at first (amazon one click has spoiled me) but I think the value of the dollar to the yen fluctuates so much that that is about the only way to do business for him.

Once you buy a couple things from him and experience first rate customer service it becomes a non-issue.
 
Back
Top