Samurider experience?

WildeEngineer_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Anybody used Samurider for their custom mods? If so are they worth the price and shipping?

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk
 
Samurider is legit. A lot of us have stuff from them. Him actually. We call him Mr. T and he is fine with it. He is also the only sponser on this board.

Is it worth it? Your call. He ships overnight air and you get the stuff fast. Now if it is made to order (like Road Comets) then it gets shipped the day he gets it in his hands.
 
If you want to have a pleasant old school bespoke buying experience along with modern convenience Mr T is your man. I've always been surprised how quickly I've gotten my items considering they are coming from Japan.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
If you want to have a pleasant old school bespoke buying experience along with modern convenience Mr T is your man. I've always been surprised how quickly I've gotten my items considering they are coming from Japan.
Over the decades I have found anything delivered from Japan to be quality, fair-priced (but not cheap), well-delivered, and honourable in service.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the replies! Definitely will be saving up for one of their mod kits. Haha, I didn't see they were a forum friend cause I'm on the mobile app.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk
 
One great thing about Mr. T is that he speaks and writes English very well. OTOH japan.webike.net, although legit, apparently uses Google
translate. So conversing with them can be entertaining.
 
WildeEngineer_imp said:
Anybody used Samurider for their custom mods? If so are they worth the price and shipping?

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk
I got the Road Comet fairing and it is very high quality and looks like it came from Honda on the bike. It is about $500 US Dollars and it took a couple of months or more to get, but well worth the wait. I corresponded with Mr T by email and had no problems. The website said it was out of stock, but when I contacted them by email it was no problem ordering it. I highly recommend them, but be patient.
 
I have a tank, side covers and seat from him. I bought the stuff, so from that perspective it was worth it to me. No way it'll drive up the value of the bike even remotely enough to make up for the price, so from that perspective, it's definitely not worth it. I've spent money on dumber stuff, and I tend to justify things by amortizing the cost over the length of time I have the bike, so there is that. That reasoning can lead you down a slippery slope though.

His website isn't super, and in addition to being tough to navigate (depending on what you are looking for), as mentioned above, everything lists as out of stock. He can get most things in relatively short order though.

Finally, he was very communicative via email with me, so all in all, the experience was good. Takes several weeks, it costs a bunch, but happy in the end.
 
Most of the stuff you get from him is expensive and is best removed and sold separately if you sell your bike. If listed on this board it will usually sell pretty fast if no overpriced.
 
My bike is a 2013 STD that only came in red. The tank, faring, crash bars, rear rack, and the top box all came from him. I popped for the taller windscreen which they quit making. Also the top box is a genuine Honda piece with the one key system, I just had to key it to the bike after it arrived. it wasn't difficult.

2cd63916a896d5677056c3afdd4df6ad.jpg


This was the day that I brought it home from the dealer.

48176a13f4c4931647bfe4b3a66d8700.jpg
 
I had one and was not impressed. Its kinda too lightweight. Tho extremely well made, it was too soft and not better than stock. I bought it used but it was in perfect condition. Sold it for what I paid. I also tried a Corbin, and tho I've had a Corbin on several other bikes, it just killed my butt on this one. Believe it or not stock for me is best. 1st bike ever to use the stock seat.
 
Thats wild. I think I’ve owned 35 motorcycles since 1965 and I have never had a custom seat. I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered, but it was the stock seat and cover with some of the foam cut out.
 
Having trouble ordering from their website. How recently was anyone able to submit an order? Just keep getting an error message every time I try to submit a request. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks to all who respond.
 
Welcome Mickity. I've not heard anything about Samurider for a while. In the past people have reported emailing the proprietor and getting a prompt response.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thats wild. I think I’ve owned 35 motorcycles since 1965 and I have never had a custom seat. I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered, but it was the stock seat and cover with some of the foam cut out.
Have you ever ridden on a RDL for a couple hours? While not exactly life-altering, it is one of those things that (at least for me) once experienced, you become aware of what you are missing every time you sit on a stock seat. I equate it to the switch from black and white television to color. Also, if you have sciatica, it kind of is life altering. :D
 
Back
Top