Saddles

ryanschillinger_imp said:
So a local upholsterer will modify your stock seat for a reasonable price?
He told me he would do it for $150.00 Before everyone gets all worked up let's see how this turns out. I'll keep you posted.
 
I wonder if cowboys went to saddle makers and asked for more comfortable saddles to be made? I can just hear it now

Cowboy: " I need a custom saddle, I can only ride this one for a couple of miles before my butt hurts and I have to dismount for awhile and walk around and rub it. I keep getting left behind on the cattle drives "

Saddlemaker: "Have you tried a sheepskin pad?"

Cowboy : "I hate sheep, I ain't putting one of their stinking skins on my horse." Can you just reshape mine or put some gel inserts in it

Saddlemaker: " what's gel?"
 
The ferret_imp said:
I wonder if cowboys went to saddle makers and asked for more comfortable saddles to be made? I can just hear it now

Cowboy: " I need a custom saddle, I can only ride this one for a couple of miles before my butt hurts and I have to dismount for awhile and walk around and rub it. I keep getting left behind on the cattle drives "

Saddlemaker: "Have you tried a sheepskin pad?"

Cowboy : "I hate sheep, I ain't putting one of their stinking skins on my horse." Can you just reshape mine or put some gel inserts in it

Saddlemaker: " what's gel?"
Or "Why don't you jest reshape yer butt like a real cowpoke and quit yer bitchin'?
 
H.Ibsen_imp said:
Hey folks,

I'm looking into replacing my saddle. I've not got much built-in padding on my butt, long rides can get a bit wearing, and my girlfriend would appreciate a backrest.

I've seen the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady Gunfighter. Thoughts? Reviews? Other suggestions?

Thanks!
My brother has this seat on his CB and loves. His girlfriend really likes the backrest.
ryanschillinger_imp said:
So a local upholsterer will modify your stock seat for a reasonable price?
Sargents in Jacksonville FL will modify any motorcycle seat to your specs. Nemo had his seat modified by them and it looks great.

Motorcycle Seats - Sargent Seats - Aftermarket Motorcycle Seats
 
Here are a couple pics of the seat before it gets upholstered. Took it for a test ride, much more comfy. Hope to get it tomorrow and put some miles on it.
 
I like the way that upholstery shop has shaped the foam, looks like an excellent start. Maybe I'll have a chance to check it out tomorrow.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
I like the way that upholstery shop has shaped the foam, looks like an excellent start. Maybe I'll have a chance to check it out tomorrow.
It's sort of a cheap softer version of your Corbin. If I don't like it I can always go for a Corbin. I do like it better than the OEM but until I put some miles on it I'll reserve judgment.
 
Thanks for that! We all are interested in how your butt feels :s. :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
Was just looking at Greatdaytoride.com website who lowered my ST seat, and in the gallery at the bottom of the page is a CB dlx nearly identical to mine... Chrome instrument cups, gaiters, rlets, reflectors removed front and rear, lic plate bracket removed, foot peg feelers removed. IT says Randy's CB.

Wonder who Randy is?
The ferret_imp said:
Was just looking at Greatdaytoride.com website who lowered my ST seat, and in the gallery at the bottom of the page is a CB dlx nearly identical to mine... Chrome instrument cups, gaiters, rlets, reflectors removed front and rear, lic plate bracket removed, foot peg feelers removed. IT says Randy's CB.

Wonder who Randy is?
 
Back
Top