Deanohh_imp
Been there
Thanks Pop. If it worked someone would have done it long ago.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I figured Deanohh was just joshing, but yeah, coming from years in water supply, you need to have a medium -- water -- for this to work. Corrosion control is a big deal in water distribution systems. That's why so much of the pipe these days is going to some kind of plastic.Deanohh_imp said:Thanks Pop. If it worked someone would have done it long ago.

Don't hold me to this, but it looks like three things appear from the French forum:Lord Popgun_imp said:So, for us non French speaking/reading members, what did they say ?
Popgun, I'm not sure whether the stuff around the key switch is rust. I think it's always been there, but I did think it looked a bit worse yesterday. I'm not at all happy about the oil lines. If a road bike can't withstand reasonable moisture, there's something not right about it.Lord Popgun_imp said:Are you sure thats rust around the key switch? Mine has a brown ring too. It looks like a phenolic like material, but I can't really tell what it is made of. Mine isn't as dinged up as yours and looks factory to me.
No rust on mine that I've found yet, and I just looked at my oil cooler lines, as your pics look bad. My lines and forks look fine. Bike has been in the rain, and I've hosed it off more than once. It is garage kept.
Elipten_imp said:I am starting to be concerned about the rust reports on the CB.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
G'day Cormanus,Cormanus_imp said:My CB1100 is a 2011 model, although it wasn't sold and ridden until May 2013. I bought it second hand in September 2013 with 2091 kms on the clock.
Since I've had it, I've been pretty careful about cleaning it. It lives under a roof and a cover. I have, from time to time ridden it in the rain. The other day I noticed rust at either end of the chrome pipe along the top of the oil cooler. I then noticed a faint hint of rust around both sides of the fork brace, on the bolt between the handlebar mounts, and around the key.
I took it back to the dealer I bought it from yesterday as I happened to be nearby. The warranty chap took photos and told me he would have to check with Honda. He also told me they had little success with rust clims as Honda classed it as maintenance. I'm waiting for a response.
I intend to do some more research about Australian consumer law, as I have a nagging suspicion it is up to the dealer to make good and then sort it out with the manufacturer.
I don't know abut the minor spotting; maybe it is a maintenance issue and I need to lift my game, but the rust on the oil cooler pipe looks nasty and I don't think it is acceptable that a road bike with a mere 9000 kms on the clock which has been reasonably looked after should be this vulnerable to rust.
I'll keep you all posted on how it pans out. In the meantime, here's some photos.
. I am of course interested in your next steps anyway. I will be looking more closely at my CB from now on. Thanks all for the heads up.
Mate, the same as any other vehicle there will be a certain amount of natural attrition (do I sound like Rumsfeld?). It's a Honda. Look after it and it will look after you. If you don't want it then please on-ship it to me. If you bear the costs I will express my eternal gratitude with a case of Aussie beer and a Christmas cardBarkingshins_imp said:All this talk about premature rusting of CB's is really making me anxious about my decision to pull the trigger on the DLX this year. My CB, when it arrives, will be garaged... and I generally don't ride on a day that rain is expected. Despite all that, sh*t happens and it's bound to get a bit wet here and there for whatever reason, same as any other vehicle on the road. It would really tarnish (no pun intended) my first new-bike experience if I'm dealing with nonsense like this after only a season or two of ownership. Ugh! Someone please put my mind at ease.
.I agree. Since I was in a discussion with someone on another forum about the Fz-09, I went to 3 different fz-09 forums for a look see. Quite eye opening. They wish they only had a minor rust issue (which is after all, random and only cosmetic). A lot of their issues are knocking/ ticking due to defective cam tensioners, really lousy fueling that seems nearly impossible to fix, so bad they can't use 1 of 3 engine modes, hard or not starting when hot, really lousy suspension front and rear, mushy front brakes. Anyone who considered one of them and bought the CB 1100 instead should go out to the garage and hug and kiss their bikes, even if it is one of the ones with some rust issues.Pterodactyl_imp said:Mate, the same as any other vehicle there will be a certain amount of natural attrition (do I sound like Rumsfeld?). It's a Honda. Look after it and it will look after you. If you don't want it then please on-ship it to me. If you bear the costs I will express my eternal gratitude with a case of Aussie beer and a Christmas cardBarkingshins_imp said:All this talk about premature rusting of CB's is really making me anxious about my decision to pull the trigger on the DLX this year. My CB, when it arrives, will be garaged... and I generally don't ride on a day that rain is expected. Despite all that, sh*t happens and it's bound to get a bit wet here and there for whatever reason, same as any other vehicle on the road. It would really tarnish (no pun intended) my first new-bike experience if I'm dealing with nonsense like this after only a season or two of ownership. Ugh! Someone please put my mind at ease..
Cheers and enjoy the ride.