Rubber Lever End Thingies

A Padawan no longer you are. Purr, the Ring does. :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Olof, this is great, two bikes and two sets of RLETs... Did you notice any significant performance improvement??? , well if not, it will come as soon as Lord Popgun update his Ring and Cormanus acknowledges your installation
P.s. How long did it take to install them all. Don’t lie, cuz we know the reality :D:beerchug:
:shy:
Installation time: Roughly fifteen minutes each. Number of times RLET dropped on the floor, bouncing out of sight: twenty.

Performance: Test ride due tomorrow, so I don't know. But I'm expecting a lot. However, to maximize RLET longevity, I've applied glycerine but realize that I should have consulted the Forum first. Have I made a mistake?
 
No, you just did excellent... and Lord Popgun Ring/post 1441 has been already updated, so easy with your throttle tomorrow :cool:
 
Thread starter
Olof_imp said:
I proudly present my Swedish addition to the global fleet of RLET equipped Hondas. Brought home by my local dealer - took ten days, not bad I think considering COVID19 - and mounted an hour ago with the help of some window cleaner and forceful trial and error (yes I had noted all suggested techniques in these 144 pages but none of them worked for me).

Note: the Monkey levers are solid and spherical, whereas the RS levers are not only chamfered underneath, but also hollowed. The RLETs don't seem to mind though, they stretch flat over the chamfer.

In the cool evening sun the bikes look so right. I can never go back now, bikes without RLETs suddenly seems unthinkable.
You understand, Olof. Nice work.

The application of glycerine has not, as far as I recall, been mentioned before. Can’t think of any harm. RLETs, like the rest of us, probably respond to a bit of love. Be a bit careful when you start out and report back.
 
Olof_imp said:
I proudly present my Swedish addition to the global fleet of RLET equipped Hondas. Brought home by my local dealer - took ten days, not bad I think considering COVID19 - and mounted an hour ago with the help of some window cleaner and forceful trial and error (yes I had noted all suggested techniques in these 144 pages but none of them worked for me).

Note: the Monkey levers are solid and spherical, whereas the RS levers are not only chamfered underneath, but also hollowed. The RLETs don't seem to mind though, they stretch flat over the chamfer.

In the cool evening sun the bikes look so right. I can never go back now, bikes without RLETs suddenly seems unthinkable.
Wooo, that is a darn nice combo photo there Olof.

PB is I am sure proud of your application of RLETs. Nicely done!
 
RLET free at the moment as my RLETS, successfully removed from my 2017 model, are recovering in a quiet dark space from the trauma. The deal on this 2019 model was just too good to miss and come the weekend the RLETS will proudly adorn her levers. I’m aiming for a sub 30 second per lever install this time. The 11th century church makes a fitting background for the new love of my life and I intend to have the Monks from the Monastry who now own the church to give her a blessing next time I visit there.
ee6163b0e911b414f06e2dd5a493260f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Frankie_imp said:
RLET free at the moment as my RLETS, successfully removed from my 2017 model, are recovering in a quiet dark space from the trauma. The deal on this 2019 model was just too good to miss and come the weekend the RLETS will proudly adorn her levers. I’m aiming for a sub 30 second per lever install this time. The 11th century church makes a fitting background for the new love of my life and I intend to have the Monks from the Monastry who now own the church to give her a blessing next time I visit there.
ee6163b0e911b414f06e2dd5a493260f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frankie, nice bike ...but your statement needs to be backed by a short video clip...are you really that fast with RLET's installation??
:)
 
The need for freshly baked bread for breakfast translated into a nice RLET test ride along the Öresund strait between Denmark and Sweden - thirty rural miles in morning fog. This is my report.

Expectations: High. I took for granted that I would feel a marked difference in the bike – stronger acceleration, better braking, more planted chassis and a general sense of togetherness. Evidence of the missing link no longer missing.

Result: I got the above and more. The bike seems to radiate a new presence, as if continuously rolling out an invisible red carpet ahead. Red lights turn to green, roundabouts clear up, gaps for overtaking emerge and people turn and look as I approach. The cows outside Saxtorp normally ignore all traffic but now gathered eagerly around the bike. Most strange was that the fog this morning, as thick for me as for everyone else, seemed to affect me less – I cruised where others crawled, as if I just knew what lied ahead.

Can I attribute all of this to the RLETs?
 
Absolutely Olof, there is a relation....
Great pic, the cow has some kind of yellow RLET too, ask her..
b984dba499363fe942d12a779c48ee5e.gif
 
Thread starter
Olof_imp said:
The need for freshly baked bread for breakfast translated into a nice RLET test ride along the Öresund strait between Denmark and Sweden - thirty rural miles in morning fog. This is my report.

Expectations: High. I took for granted that I would feel a marked difference in the bike – stronger acceleration, better braking, more planted chassis and a general sense of togetherness. Evidence of the missing link no longer missing.

Result: I got the above and more. The bike seems to radiate a new presence, as if continuously rolling out an invisible red carpet ahead. Red lights turn to green, roundabouts clear up, gaps for overtaking emerge and people turn and look as I approach. The cows outside Saxtorp normally ignore all traffic but now gathered eagerly around the bike. Most strange was that the fog this morning, as thick for me as for everyone else, seemed to affect me less – I cruised where others crawled, as if I just knew what lied ahead.

Can I attribute all of this to the RLETs?
Yes.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Frankie_imp said:
RLET free at the moment as my RLETS, successfully removed from my 2017 model, are recovering in a quiet dark space from the trauma. The deal on this 2019 model was just too good to miss and come the weekend the RLETS will proudly adorn her levers. I’m aiming for a sub 30 second per lever install this time. The 11th century church makes a fitting background for the new love of my life and I intend to have the Monks from the Monastry who now own the church to give her a blessing next time I visit there.
ee6163b0e911b414f06e2dd5a493260f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frankie, nice bike ...but your statement needs to be backed by a short video clip...are you really that fast with RLET's installation??
:)
Frankie, nice bike ...but your statement needs to be backed by a short video clip...are you really that fast with RLET's installation??
:)

Watch this space! I shall set myself up for a face plant
5510cb14fdf1b8c52e3f8f95485bd732.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdedse_imp said:
That is such a gorgeous bike!!!

Surely is! Feeling very happy
460d72d36fe7db5faed8399e77640045.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Speed reading helps. I thought I would manage another 14 page chapter tonight, instead I've managed to and am now up to the end of chapter 3 (or page 42 to those who have missed my prior post). Of course, the hardest part of this process is fast forwarding through the pages, since the forum only allows me to skip 2 pages at a time to catch up to my bookmark...

Tonight I learned about the history of RLETs, the first use of the acronym (or abbreviation, or w.h.y.), that practicing with dry condoms is probably not a great idea and most interestingly, the scope of the fitment of RLETs on nearly every Honda model. Wonder what's in store for me tomorrow night?

Onwards and upwards, my strange, strange new friends.
 
Use windex for things like rlets or installing garage door seals into the lower groove, etc- it is slippery but evaporates quickly with no residue.
 
Olof_imp said:
The need for freshly baked bread for breakfast translated into a nice RLET test ride along the Öresund strait between Denmark and Sweden - thirty rural miles in morning fog. This is my report.

Expectations: High. I took for granted that I would feel a marked difference in the bike – stronger acceleration, better braking, more planted chassis and a general sense of togetherness. Evidence of the missing link no longer missing.

Result: I got the above and more. The bike seems to radiate a new presence, as if continuously rolling out an invisible red carpet ahead. Red lights turn to green, roundabouts clear up, gaps for overtaking emerge and people turn and look as I approach. The cows outside Saxtorp normally ignore all traffic but now gathered eagerly around the bike. Most strange was that the fog this morning, as thick for me as for everyone else, seemed to affect me less – I cruised where others crawled, as if I just knew what lied ahead.

Can I attribute all of this to the RLETs?
:worship:
 
Back
Top