Rubber Lever End Thingies

pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
You would have one with 'em and the other without....experience the difference without. 0.02
When visiting Ontario in the near future, I invite you to ride my white, 2014 CB1100/OEM, and then we talk.....:D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
You would have one with 'em and the other without....experience the difference without. 0.02
When visiting Ontario in the near future, I invite you to ride my white, 2014 CB1100/OEM, and then we talk.....:D
I do like that white one! And I have been threatening my wife with a long trip--she asks if it's a promise...I'm pretty sure she's kidding. Hmmm...

I forget, did Canada get white-tanked CB1100s, or did you put that on?
 
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
 
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
 
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
You would have one with 'em and the other without....experience the difference without. 0.02
When visiting Ontario in the near future, I invite you to ride my white, 2014 CB1100/OEM, and then we talk.....:D
I do like that white one! And I have been threatening my wife with a long trip--she asks if it's a promise...I'm pretty sure she's kidding. Hmmm...

I forget, did Canada get white-tanked CB1100s, or did you put that on?
I do like that white one! And I have been threatening my wife with a long trip--she asks if it's a promise...I'm pretty sure she's kidding. Hmmm...

I forget, did Canada get white-tanked CB1100s, or did you put that on?
The 2013 CB100s in Canada were with 14.6 L OEM white tank.
Then, I bought a white OEM/16.8 L tank from Takashi. When I sold my '13, it went with its original 14.6 L tank.
The 2014 CB1100, I bought after, came with 14.6L OEM blue tank.
Then, I sold the blue tank to Mtneers and installed Takashi's 16.8 L tank on my present, 2014.
Her is the transformation:

6a8555d6d7efe545db3916ca22ae0387.jpg

^^'13 with 14.6 L tank

7e033bceb8330444661b58cb5f375469.jpg

^^'13 with newly installed 16.8 L, 14.6 L for comparison

85387883e6d4c5d92a7af212f075b05e.jpg

^^'14, blue/14.6 L and '13/16.8 L tank

7bc8afffb2e7c0d456afae64bed30a74.jpg

^^'14 with 14.6 L


^^Present, '14 with 16.8 L tank
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
.......:angel:......
I think, May 26th will be the best time to visit Queensland, Australia :D
Be happy to buy you a beer, brother. :beerchug:
 
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
Shooooot...next thing you'll ask is if I have extra roll of toilet paper.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
.......:angel:......
I think, May 26th will be the best time to visit Queensland, Australia :D
Be happy to buy you a beer, brother. :beerchug:
Be happy to buy you a beer, brother. :beerchug:
And who dare to say RLETs issue cannot be solved peacefully???
Thank you Cormanus.

622cca5cad3c080492e078f8676714ee.jpg

:beerchug:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Nah, everything is fine, will be drinking beer with him...,was already invited.
As you can see, main players love the RLETs saga, others seems to shy, and as per my previous pledge: if you install one on the brake lever, I'll do mine on the clutch side...just to keep the Force in balance but heard of shortage of these (as per Pdedse?):D
 
Shortage again? Good thing I keep a set of spares on hand. :)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Nah, everything is fine, will be drinking beer with him...,was already invited.
As you can see, main players love the RLETs saga, others seems to shy, and as per my previous pledge: if you install one on the brake lever, I'll do mine on the clutch side...just to keep the Force in balance but heard of shortage of these (as per Pdedse?):D
Yeeaaaahh, I might have intimated that I had an extra set around somewhere...but, ya' know with all these shortages of basic goods going around, those extra rlets perhabs got buried under my stacks of TP, water jugs, bags of rice and packages of noodles...but I'm lookin' for 'em, oh yeah, I'm lookin'.
 
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
With the utmost respect to peterbaron, he is an acolyte of the Sith Lord redbirds and NOT ... I repeat NOT to be relied upon as a source of information on RLETs. I mean, look at that obscene blue model of the corona virus he jammed on to his CB's lever.

If you're going to buy the beautiful green W800, keep the RLETs and install them. If not, give them away to a worthy CB1100 owner or keep them against the unthinkable event of damage to one or both.
baxtercat_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
OK, I have a conundrum. I have been waiting for this rlet to heal for quite a while. I have tried some folk remedies to no avail. Is there any hope, or should I just replace it?

I don't want to cast aside a loyal rlet like a used tire. Is there some sort of ceremony for an rlet that has passed? Burial? Cremation? :huh:
It served me well, enhancing my ride for many miles, then selflessly gave it's all to protect the lever end and who knows what else.
pdedse, are you willing to break up a set?

Ben
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
a theological dilemma. we learn from the oracle that RLETS are perfect. disciples who even THINK about the possibility of a better RLET are ejected from the order. then this happens. it's so confusing.
Sometimes an RLET will be required to 'take one' for the greater good. In other words, it sacrifices itself for the bike and the rider. In such tragic cases, it should be removed, disposed of with a respectful ceremony (involving a libation of your choice) and replaced with a new one.
You know? I disappear for awhile and all RLET-Hades breaks loose.

PB: Did you upset Cormanus?
Nah, everything is fine, will be drinking beer with him...,was already invited.
As you can see, main players love the RLETs saga, others seems to shy, and as per my previous pledge: if you install one on the brake lever, I'll do mine on the clutch side...just to keep the Force in balance but heard of shortage of these (as per Pdedse?):D
Yeeaaaahh, I might have intimated that I had an extra set around somewhere...but, ya' know with all these shortages of basic goods going around, those extra rlets perhabs got buried under my stacks of TP, water jugs, bags of rice and packages of noodles...but I'm lookin' for 'em, oh yeah, I'm lookin'.
Yeeaaaahh, I might have intimated that I had an extra set around somewhere...but, ya' know with all these shortages of basic goods going around, those extra rlets perhabs got buried under my stacks of TP, water jugs, bags of rice and packages of noodles...but I'm lookin' for 'em, oh yeah, I'm lookin'.
...keep looking, may need ONE to balance the Force, as per now, Lord Popgun :D
 
Back
Top