Rubber Lever End Thingies

Cormanus, I’m glad either you or your CB were not badly hurt. Oh I know about “dented pride” when I had 2 parking lot mishaps at 2 Rallies in front of our Forum Members! Both fall overs resulted in two destroyed right side RLETS! (Other than my March 2107 accident, what’s with me falling over only at Rallies?)
As far as your RLET dilemma, I think reinstalling your undamaged RLET had nothing to do with your unfortunate mishap. No good and fully functional RLET should intentionality disposed of or put in a drawer for perpetually.
When I replaced my damaged RLET, my kind Honda dealership installed my new RLETs for me. I feel no shame about that.
 
Dang! Glad you're fine. The dented pride can be fixed by the time, as the dents of the bike. Then, the RLETs, well, I guess they were just surprised by the road conditions as you. I'm afraid, somewhere there are limits what they can do. However, I wouldn't want to know, how bad that could have been without RLET. And as RLETs are multi-dimensional, I really don't think, swapping RLETs could have had any bad influence. Just saying as an engineer...
 
Django_imp said:
Dang! Glad you're fine. The dented pride can be fixed by the time, as the dents of the bike. Then, the RLETs, well, I guess they were just surprised by the road conditions as you. I'm afraid, somewhere there are limits what they can do. However, I wouldn't want to know, how bad that could have been without RLET. And as RLETs are multi-dimensional, I really don't think, swapping RLETs could have had any bad influence. Just saying as an engineer...
Cuss! Right on DJ! :beerchug:
 
I am glad that you are ok and not hurt !
Personally I think that engine protectors do more to prevent damage to our bikes than the "loved " RLET's
 
Had it not been for the RLET, this might have been catastrophic! Glad you are OK...hopefully, insurance and time will take care of the bike?
 
So thankful that you suffered no serious injury but I am sad for the state of your noble CB. Nice to know that you and ride will be right as rain in a bit. I am convinced, however, that the entire incident may have been avoided by removing the RLET's. Honda, for good reason no doubt, will not install these suspect devices on their new bikes and will, again no doubt, place a warning label on the RLET package advising they only be used on vintage display Honda's, not for street use.
 
I, too, am now a proud member of the illusive RLET Society. Better safe than sorry!


1f1d0d97586b00c0512250ce38275b0e.jpg
 
A Padawan, Bioman, no longer you are!!! Faster your CB will be. Bow to you Freddy Spencer will ;)
 
bioman_imp said:
I, too, am now a proud member of the illusive RLET Society. Better safe than sorry!


1f1d0d97586b00c0512250ce38275b0e.jpg
:angel: and another angel get's their wings!
 
I too recently found a NOS pair for sale in Oz. They are now on their way over, looking forward to putting these elusive little rubber thingies on!
 
Soon Jfro, soon, a Padawan no longer you will be.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Serious question: I have a pair of extra RLETs, do I give them away or do I have to buy a new bike?
Serious answer: IMHO, you should give them away AND buy the green Kawi-W800 to have twins as per your dream
:D
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
:D :D :D I can't believe this thread is still going on after six years :D :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
Rocky, you have listed 5 bikes, how many are RLETs equipped ?
:)
Zee row :D :D
= :thumbsup:
Let me get this straight, you think it's a good idea to have a Honda CB1100ex WITH rlets, parked right next to a green Kawasaki w800 w/out said rlets??? And then just GIVE AWAY the extra rlets??!!!?? Give 'em away?! I mean, I could do that willingly because I've got no where to put them. But give them away if I had a w800 with bare, naked-tipped levers?? Man, watchyou talkin' 'bout!
 
Back
Top