Rubber Lever End Thingies

When I install RLETs, I prefer to have Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" playing in the background and I sometimes have a smoke afterward.
 
Lalo Schifrin. Good choice. The dude scored Bullitt, instantly making him the coolest composer of all time.

And the tension of installing RLETs is just as palpable as Frank Bullitt's struggle to triumph over evil while making his boss look like a total knob.
 
"I have a dream..." or rather I HAD a dream, just the other night.
In bed and staring at the ceiling, the bedroom suddenly filled with an incredibly bright light, and there, before me, appeared the vision of... an RLET!
I didn't know what to do...
Was it a dream? A vision? A warning even...?? :(

Suffice to say that, in great fear and trepidation, I placed my order first thing the very next morn, and said RLETs are winging their celestial way (or however the Post Office deal with such things) towards me, even as we speak.

I expect to be anointed with their presence in a day or two.
O blessed am I.
I shall no longer be accursed among the RLETTERS as an 'unworthy'. I shall rise up and take my rightful place alongside such anointed stalwarts as Cormanus, Popgun and His Gloriousness my lord Ferret... and others. :D

Praise the RLETs - my passport to the Inner Sanctum! :excited:
 
Bazbro_imp said:
"I have a dream..." or rather I HAD a dream, just the other night.
In bed and staring at the ceiling, the bedroom suddenly filled with an incredibly bright light, and there, before me, appeared the vision of... an RLET!
I didn't know what to do...
Was it a dream? A vision? A warning even...?? :(

Suffice to say that, in great fear and trepidation, I placed my order first thing the very next morn, and said RLETs are winging their celestial way (or however the Post Office deal with such things) towards me, even as we speak.

I expect to be anointed with their presence in a day or two.
O blessed am I.
I shall no longer be accursed among the RLETTERS as an 'unworthy'. I shall rise up and take my rightful place alongside such anointed stalwarts as Cormanus, Popgun and His Gloriousness my lord Ferret... and others. :D

Praise the RLETs - my passport to the Inner Sanctum! :excited:


That was just me......I thought I’d surprise you but you were asleep.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
and we were worried about getting to 100 pages and 1,000 posts in this thread :rofl:
 
d022cbf62c12c8c86dfe3e21dc1f1d4d.mp4


Grand RLETs Master

Turn on your speakers
:P
 
Little bastuds... :dodgy:
They've led me a merry dance this afternoon. I've heated them, greased 'em, wiggled, pulled, pushed, stretched, poked, prodded, cajoled, begged and pleaded...

Finally... I "persuaded" them on with a little-known Oriental trick called "Stretchy-Rletty"...
It involves inserting a small electrical screwdriver in the little hole in the end and using it as a lever to stretch it on. (Threatening to rip its guts open helps enormously... shouted at the top of your voice too!)

I'm sure the pair I was supplied with were intended for one of Honda's 50cc mopeds...

dd2ca8626606a62e5ceaa6b3557b9d9b.jpg
 
Oooo, Baz, ... your procedure appears almost like a torture chamber. Maybe the most dramatic yet.

Some Forum members is gonna ask, "Did you get 'em on?" ... followed by ... " ... pics please!".
 
No longer a Padawan Bazbro is. A CB master now he is!
 
Hummm, a Door Master you would be.

And a side benefit is you could get a job at Doormasters!
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Little bastuds... :dodgy:
They've led me a merry dance this afternoon. I've heated them, greased 'em, wiggled, pulled, pushed, stretched, poked, prodded, cajoled, begged and pleaded...

Finally... I "persuaded" them on with a little-known Oriental trick called "Stretchy-Rletty"...
It involves inserting a small electrical screwdriver in the little hole in the end and using it as a lever to stretch it on. (Threatening to rip its guts open helps enormously... shouted at the top of your voice too!)

I'm sure the pair I was supplied with were intended for one of Honda's 50cc mopeds...

dd2ca8626606a62e5ceaa6b3557b9d9b.jpg
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
 
Shoulda just ridden down to Jacksonville and had Nemo, the World Champion of the Whole World, install them. Takes him about 12 seconds for two. :clap::clap::clap:
 
Cormanus_imp said:

Sorry to hear of your mishap...but asking about a used RLET means that you are OK, right?

Cormanus_imp said:
Stopy right there...YES! They are much easier to take off than put on, and the second time you do put them on, they go on easy 'cause they're all stretched out.
 
Well they come as a pair, would not want to upset the balance.

Think of the forethought of designing a set of levers that absorb energy, break before anything else gets damaged ( incl.rlet's ) and then keep functioning until you get an opportunity to replace them:)

Aaaahm..... keyring ornament, momento, kind permanent reminder?
we need an emoji for rlet's i think.
 
Hey! Take it easy fellas...
As Max says, they come as pairs... MATCHED pairs (like pistons and gears)...
They should NEVER be mixed on the same handlebar (a bit like cross-ply and radial tyres on the same axle).
Further, in use they inevitably become 'worn' by rushing wind, lashing rain, etc... To replace one and not the other risks throwing the entire balance of the 'bike out. You could even fall over sitting stationary on the 'bike, it's that serious!

So be warned....if in doubt about this, visit your local workshop and ask to speak to their quantum mechanic... he'll tell you. ;)
 
Back
Top