Rubber Lever End Thingies

redbirds_imp said:
gmike_imp said:
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
redbirds_imp said:
gmike_imp said:
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do. How will I continue to resist their unnatural compulsion to farkle?

A couple of weeks ago I almost crumbled under their continuous onslaught of compelling reasons to join their secret society.

They're cheap and easy to purchase online...
It only takes 11 seconds to install them...
You can be one of us...



Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
Resist the dark side you must padawan. Lead you astray Sith Lord Redbirds will.
 
I'm not quite sure what happened. I think my bike was feeling cold at night now that summer is over.
10f7af0e19800d930b31df902b25c6f1.jpg
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
And you too are one of "us" now Kenny!! :)
 
CBryder_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
gmike_imp said:
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
redbirds_imp said:
gmike_imp said:
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do. How will I continue to resist their unnatural compulsion to farkle?

A couple of weeks ago I almost crumbled under their continuous onslaught of compelling reasons to join their secret society.

They're cheap and easy to purchase online...
It only takes 11 seconds to install them...
You can be one of us...



Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Resist, follow not the lemmings as they hurry toward the precipice. "Secret Society", bah! Be the one that resists the peer pressure.

There are few of our ilk left to defend the principals of individualism and self determination. Don't sell your soul for the sake of a "secret handshake".

For those who seek redemption, the Exacto knife is "The Way".
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
dsan what part of California are you in?

Anyway... got mine on. That was a pain! Weird because the brake lever went on in about 20 seconds. The clutch? Not so much... Took some serious fiddling with a bit of wd40 and paper towel.

I'm in the Bay Area near SFO


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I kept seeing RLETS and wondered what the heck is that? Anyway, mine are on order . Without wadding through 36+ thread pages, what is the best way to install?? I've seen Wd-40, spit, armour all, liquid soap, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yep, that's the best way :P Heating them helps a lot too.
 
you might want to pick up a copy of this book penned by our champion RLET installer Nemo.

 
Got mine on last week, Soaking in hot (microwaved) water for a few minutes and WD40 on the bar ends. Used a dry towel to grip the RLET with. First one went on in 10 sec. The second one took 30 min of wiggling, re-heating, re-WD40, repeat repeat repeat. Finally slipped on.
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
And Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally. But you can NEVER show Redbirds, the Dark Lord.
 
AFRetired_imp said:
Got mine on last week, Soaking in hot (microwaved) water for a few minutes and WD40 on the bar ends. Used a dry towel to grip the RLET with. First one went on in 10 sec. The second one took 30 min of wiggling, re-heating, re-WD40, repeat repeat repeat. Finally slipped on.
10 SECONDS!! Ferret, we need to have an RLET-off. Gauntlet thrown.
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Alchohol would be the best lubricant as it leaves no residue. I'll try that when mine come winging in.
Windex. Learned it from an old Greek wise man. :cool:
 
I think the alcohol was for him. I just sprayed WD-40 in mine. As long as you keep the outside dry and easy to grip, they can pop on easily.
 
SEriously? Oh c'mon, we have a lot of fun with RLETs. Maybe you hadn't noticed that? This is a 72 page thread about 2 little rubber covers for a lever ball end. There is no one perfect way to put them on, but lots and lots of advice in this thread. Nobody was trying to ridicule anybody.

However, if you were actually offended I apologize.
 
Whoa! Isn't it dangerous to mix RLET's and alcohol? They might end up multiplying like rabbits and then everyone would have them.
 
Back
Top