Rubber Lever End Thingies

Nemo_imp said:
RLETted my son's Street Twin. :D
Did you have permission.....or did you put them on in like 11 seconds while he had his back turned ?

For those that don't know, Nemo holds the Guinness world record for RLET installation :D
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
RLETted my son's Street Twin. :D
Did you have permission.....or did you put them on in like 11 seconds while he had his back turned ?

For those that don't know, Nemo holds the Guinness world record for RLET installation :D
Permission?!?! :P It wouldn't have been fun then.

Took me a little longer than 11... About 20 each.
 
Thread starter
My bike had a major service. On a recommendation from a friend, I took the bike to a young bloke who is starting out. His workshop is cleaner than an operating theatre.

When I dropped the bike off, he was looking it over and I saw him give the RLETs a really quizzical look. He clearly didn't know what they were, but couldn't quite bring himself to ask.
 
Received and installed my RLETs a couple of days ago. I bought three because my shop looks like the site of a bomb blast in a hardware store. A dash of Armor-All on the inside, left the outside clean and dry for grip during install, which was very easy after giving up on other tricks involving compressed air.
Then I went for a ride. Wow.

The dampening mass of the rubber out on the end of the levers eliminates all high frequency vibration I may have imagined before RLET install, and now that temps are dipping into the 40's, the levers aren't able to extract heat from my fingers nearly as quickly as before, with the aluminum ball heat exchangers no longer exposed to an icy breeze.

I will ride more often, and with more confidence, pride, and stamina with what's got to be the best upgrade for the money. Thanks to all who've come before and committed their sweat, spit and time to researching, installing, and documenting RLETs for the rest of us.
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings

Good to see another member has discovered the benefits of these rubber wonders. Magical I tell ya.

Show you the secret handshake at the next rally :thumbsup:
 
You're one of us now Oldscool! Ferret will show you the secrete handshake at the next rally :)

And I'm sure Ferret will be along mentioning angles. Or Angels. One of those. :)

Oops, Ferret posted while I was typing :blush:
 
Thread starter
oldscool, :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
darkangel_imp said:
I want these things badly but couldn't find one from dealer in Seattle :(.
darkangel, go back to the dealer and talk sternly to him or her. Tell him or her that she or he is to order you Part# 95010-16001 x 2 as there's only 1 per package.
 
And remember that RLET is our forum term for them. The dealer will not know what that means. Just give him the part number.
 
Soon Padawan, complete your training will be. :)
 
I installed grip puppies yesterday. Now the grips fee better but longer reach to the levers. Should all come into magic alignment when the rubber things show up.
 
They might with the magic of the RLET, or, adjust the lever like Honda intended
 
Arrrghhhh! I thought I was different. I thought I had self-restraint. I thought I could hold out...but you guys just wore me down... I couldn't resist. I thought maybe I'd just go to e-bay and "look". Maybe it would be too hard to order... but then... there they were, right on my screen in front of me, all black and alluring. So I hit the "Buy it now" button! $9.48 with free shipping! All I had to do was search on "95010" and they popped right up. Life will forever change for me when they arrive on Monday, 7 Oct! Now, who's gonna console me when I whine about them being too hard to install????
 
:rofl: resistance is futile. You KNOW they BELONG on there
 
The A-man_imp said:
Arrrghhhh! I thought I was different. I thought I had self-restraint. I thought I could hold out...but you guys just wore me down... I couldn't resist. I thought maybe I'd just go to e-bay and "look". Maybe it would be too hard to order... but then... there they were, right on my screen in front of me, all black and alluring. So I hit the "Buy it now" button! $9.48 with free shipping! All I had to do was search on "95010" and they popped right up. Life will forever change for me when they arrive on Monday, 7 Oct! Now, who's gonna console me when I whine about them being too hard to install????
Don't cave! A few of us (very few) have kept "the faith" and have not submitted ourselves to the RLET heresy. This high air drag device was never a part of Honda's engineers plans as they already equipped the electronics of the bike to prevent excessive speed. You'll find no consolation after the "rubber devils" are in place, only regret that your resolve was eroded by evil influences. There is redemption however in the exacto blade.
 
And once again Redbirds shows why he must never be shown the secret handshake!! :P
 
Back
Top