Rubber Lever End Thingies

Thread starter
Riko_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Isn't that what the "thumbs up" button on the lower right of the post, is for?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
euhm, I have nothing here that can "judge" a post, working in the full site, not mobile...
euhm, I have nothing here that can "judge" a post, working in the full site, not mobile...
Yep. That's right, Riko, it's available only on Tapatalk.

EmptySea, if you can't ride the bike and smoke a cigar at the same time, you must be wearing a full-face helmet. Abandon it.
 
In deference to safety, I magnet-mounted a hookah on my tank and route the tube under the chin skirt on my full-face helmet. Sometimes, the smoke behind my shield obscures my vision, but it's only for a second or two, so I'm sure that it's perfectly safe.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
In deference to safety, I magnet-mounted a hookah on my tank and route the tube under the chin skirt on my full-face helmet. Sometimes, the smoke behind my shield obscures my vision, but it's only for a second or two, so I'm sure that it's perfectly safe.
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
That's very clever ES. Not only does it feed your habit, but I'm sure you use it as a sophisticated bluesmoke,communication device. You puff away and organize it so the emissions of smoke from the helmet vent give Mrs ES advance warning of your riding intention. Three little clouds equals 'turn left ahead' sort of thing. :thumbsup:

I could ask Pterodactyl to try it next time we go riding together, but God knows what sort of hookah he'd mount on Last Blast.
 
Adding a footnote to this very important thread so in the future this event will not be lost

At the 2016 ( 2nd annual) CB1100forum rally we conducted an RLET installation contest. I donated a pair of the 95010-16001's. Beechmont Motorsports in Cincinnati donated the prize for the winner, a very nice Honda Wing logo cap, white with red wing. Inhousebob from Washington donated the donor bike. It was over before it began when forum member Nemo from Florida while practicing on Specialist8's bike with a pair of Rlets donated by Hondahawkrider, managed to slip one on in 11.28 SECONDS.I witnessed it, as did many others. When the real contest came, Nemo had no challengers, and although having a little more trouble, managed to slip one on Inhousebob's bike in 30 seconds. Nemo looked handsome indeed wearing the hat, and Specialist8's and Inhousebobs bikes looked proper at last.

 
Thread starter
I believe K-Y may be his secret ingredient. :cool:
 
He did have a secret lube, but that wasn't it. Funny story he told about the first time he tried to install one in his garage. If you run into him, get him to tell it to you
 
I posted a pic of my new baby on the Nighthawk forums expecting to get some "good looking bike" replies. Instead, all I got was a cryptic "CB, no RLETS." reply.

This eventually led me to this thread which I just finished reading.

I got my RLETS on in 2 seconds by cutting them in two, installing the halves, and super-gluing the halves together.

My angel only got broken wings.
 
Lol you cut them in half? Well thats a new installation technique
 
Just kidding Ferret. They did tear when I used pliers and I've ordered more. Next time I'm going to go with leaving them stretched over a marker overnight, then 15 seconds in the microwave, put rubber gloves on, and use WD40.
 
Go see Nemo. He can pop them on in what, 11 seconds? He was the RLET Master at the rally.
 
Thread starter
K-Y jelly.
 
I finally got one on! I had so much trouble I began to wonder if Honda sources these from more than one supplier and some of us have bigger balls than others.

I have tried every trick on this thread, and the one thing that finally worked for me was to slide the RLET over a plastic marker and let it sit over night. I forget who came up with this idea, and I'm not digging back through 62 pages of comments to find out, but thank you!
 
You are almost one of us young Padawan. One more and you will be a CB Master. :)
 
Back
Top