Rubber Lever End Thingies

Cormanus_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
I'm going to trailer Sanpetes CB to Georgia for the rally later this week. But when he dropped it off yesterday I noticed it had RLETS on it. I questioned him on the wisdom of doing this (it wasn't like that the last time we rode together); he mumbled something which I can't recall. But, the fuss that this is going to cause when it's up on that trailer at highway speeds has me very concerned. Not only is my gas mileage going to drop, and the trailer will not be as stable, but I'm really afraid as to what others might think as we pass them on the highway. I can hear it now... Son says... 'Dad, what are those rubbers doing on the ends of those levers?' Dad whispers... 'shhh, your Mom and sister are awake... I'll tell you later. :rolleyes:
Fantasy, ride4now, a trailer carrying a CB with RLETs fitted will tow you! :thumbsup:
Wow so a CB with RLETS is like the Chuck Norris of motorcycles

They don't accelerate forward, they sit in one place and rotate the earth behind them
 
Funny this thread is visited on today. Walking out to the garage this morning, I give the CB a glance (too pretty not to look) and something looks different. The whole bike seems to glow with a new aura. Something I failed to notice before-the clutch lever is alive with joy. It's actually looking out toward the rose garden and smiling as if anticipating a chance to be out on the road. Now I ask, who would cover the eyes of this lowly lever and deny its' enjoying the beauty of the countryside on a ride.

744e9624797a7228dbd4dd57dfd169c7.jpg


785dc97bf56e7b5e5a2039530e185868.jpg


5dd3c7bc22fb0b8fc08a8231d73277bf.jpg


Maybe I should get some clear hand guards.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I'm going to trailer Sanpetes CB to Georgia for the rally later this week. But when he dropped it off yesterday I noticed it had RLETS on it. I questioned him on the wisdom of doing this (it wasn't like that the last time we rode together); he mumbled something which I can't recall. But, the fuss that this is going to cause when it's up on that trailer at highway speeds has me very concerned. Not only is my gas mileage going to drop, and the trailer will not be as stable, but I'm really afraid as to what others might think as we pass them on the highway. I can hear it now... Son says... 'Dad, what are those rubbers doing on the ends of those levers?' Dad whispers... 'shhh, your Mom and sister are awake... I'll tell you later. :rolleyes:
That was exactly the effect I was going for when I answered "yeah! Those rubber thingies..." under my breath. RLET's apparently serve no purpose. Maybe to avoid scratching the paint of a car if parked in close proximity or while splitting lanes in a stop light to get a head start. The truth is something happened when I installed them, the bike came alive. I keep the CB in a single car garage together with a VF700c, the trash bin, and some other household items. Every so often as I pass by her she grabs me by the t-shirt with them rubber things as to tell me "let's go for a ride."
Today I was sad to come home to an empty space in that garage :( Oh how I miss her!
 
I caved in. Owned the CB for 3 days and already feel like I am not complete......ordered my RLET's this morning. Hope to feel better when they arrive soon.;)
 
You will. And so will your CB! :)
 
Far be it from us to coerce anyone into adding RLET's that don't want them.. Huh Ride4Now? :rofl:
 
You know...I've been kinda quiet on that subject since the 'operation' took place. I even took a 150 ride after it was done... and left no comment. Highly unlike me, I know. But those days will come to an end soon. Right now the bike is in Georgia (still rally dirty - Cormanus and Pterydactal, it's true and I'm so ashamed). But when I get back and clean her up, I'll weigh in with possibly a new slant on things. Stay tuned... right here in a few weeks. :banana:
 
Thread starter
ride4now, I'd like to be able to tell you that having RLETs will cause the bike to be clean when you get back to her, but I'm afraid it just isn't so. My bike is testament to that!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
ride4now, I'd like to be able to tell you that having RLETs will cause the bike to be clean when you get back to her, but I'm afraid it just isn't so. My bike is testament to that!
What? But that's why I allowed them to do it! I'm so distraught...
 
Thread starter
Well, I might be wrong. It's happened before. Let me know if I am so I can try to figure out whether the U.S. gets different ones to us, or there's something else at work.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
ride4now, I'd like to be able to tell you that having RLETs will cause the bike to be clean when you get back to her, but I'm afraid it just isn't so. My bike is testament to that!
What? But that's why I allowed them to do it! I'm so distraught...
What? But that's why I allowed them to do it! I'm so distraught...
Never give into the "Church of the RLET". This cult lures it's victims with promises of miraculous improvements in performance, increased aerodynamic efficiency and even weight loss. I will provide free intervention services for families whose loved ones have been captivated by these false promises. Learn to read the danger signs. Our group will sponsor a "cut, remove and burn ceremony" in historic Salem, MA this coming Halloween. Be there!
 
Thread starter
Redbirds, now that ride4now has fallen (or was he pushed?) I think there's only you and Pterodactyl left. But good luck on 31 October.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
It was sheer bliss riding it today.
Ok... We have the part number, but how much do they cost?
And is the cost worth it? I mean, is there any chance of getting back the
investment of time and money? Plus, are there any performance issues once they're installed? Will they affect the forward drag of the bike and slow it down? Obviously, they're not very slippery... I don't know... just asking... :rolleyes:
Ok... We have the part number, but how much do they cost?
And is the cost worth it? I mean, is there any chance of getting back the
investment of time and money? Plus, are there any performance issues once they're installed? Will they affect the forward drag of the bike and slow it down? Obviously, they're not very slippery... I don't know... just asking... :rolleyes:
Hold on...moving the thread forward. I think I might add a few words...
and don't know how to do it any other way.
the_undecider_imp said:
Is this how they go?



I never saw this one.... Hilarious!!
 
Ok...some of you may remember that my CB was viciously attacked at the rally by a group of RLET groupies masquerading as upstanding citizens. But before you think ILL of this group, let me tell you that I allowed it. I know.. I know... but they had thought about doing this attack after hours and since I didn't want to bail out our tour guide, I allowed them to continue. Heck I even took pictures...

Here's the last known shot of my unadorned clutch lever enjoying itself in the breeze...

581575f971576d19f023a224a28ba3b6.jpg


So, when they told me that they had gone through much expense in not only procuring these little items, but in the actual transporting them to the rally... I felt obligated to let the attack commence.

Here's two shots of the perpetrators at work... you may recognize one of them...he kind of 'runs' this place....

b0e316c6785ff5ad6dbf236f45ff659c.jpg


Heck, they even threw a party...

abaffaddcbf51b121294e26fa0e8d844.jpg


Ok... I allowed it and the the next day I rode back home in the rain. Not to worry though as Cormanus told me they would clean my bike for me while I was gone. Ok... this might work I thought.

Well... it didn't... The bike was just as dirty when I arrived back this weekend. UGH... I hate washing a motorcycle.

So, here it is...all nice and clean... and I have to admit those little RLET's do make the bike... and since I'm guaranteed that an Angel got her wings from it... it was all worth it.

Isn't she pretty?

8aef987886f64821f0ad23dee4ee85a9.jpg


And those RLETS really do look nice... heck they even match my gloves...

a945695899a48c1947750091583eb51f.jpg


51548a55ec64b76577cfde9c53d0af33.jpg


But look... while I now feel like I'm truly part of this prestigious club... don't even think about putting those RUBBERS (gaiters...) on my fork legs while I'm not looking at the next rally. It would truly ruin the look of the front end. I like my legs long and sleek... not short and wrinkly.

814b2e9b1632c163aab9d2783310220c.jpg


I feel better now...




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top