Rubber Lever End Thingies

I received new shipment and these were a bit softer than previous ones last year. I guess they are available again from Honda.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Not available Just some honda dealers still have some new ones in stock (NOS). Honda dealers can't buy them from honda anymore but one dealer can buy from another dealer. And yes some are softer than others.
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Not available Just some honda dealers still have some new ones in stock (NOS). Honda dealers can't buy them from honda anymore but one dealer can buy from another dealer. And yes some are softer than others.
As the actress said to the bishop.
 
I got a couple of sets from the Honda dealer here in Phoenix. I could not get these on by myself, but with some hot water to get them a bit more pliable, WD-40, and another set of hands (from my hubby) we managed to get them on without tearing them. When I first took one out of the package and held it up to the lever I thought, no frickin' way are these going on there. LOL
 
Thread starter
This whole rubber lever end thingies thing is just so funny. I'll bet there are executives at Honda HQ trying to figure out why there is suddenly a global demand for them. If new models start appearing with RLETs included, we'll know it was down to the Ferret.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Not available Just some honda dealers still have some new ones in stock (NOS). Honda dealers can't buy them from honda anymore but one dealer can buy from another dealer. And yes some are softer than others.
ordered and received from Honda parts 10 each genuine approx. 30 days ago. p/n#95010-16001
Paul.
 

That's a 10 pack (5 sets ) got them from honda dealer in the USA I have 20 more sets not in bags. But they are all NOS meaning ( new old stock ) honda dealers cannot get any more of them in the USA. Lots of dealers don't have any some dealers have a few some dealers got boxes of them. But when the USA dealers sell out that's it there gone. But you might can still buy them from honda at that time from outside the USA. It's good you got 5 sets. :). If you can find dealers with them in the bag I would buy them. The ones in the bag after all these years are softer and make them go on easy. Great buy! :)
 
Ridem32_imp said:
That's a 10 pack (5 sets ) got them from honda dealer in the USA I have 20 more sets not in bags. But they are all NOS meaning ( new old stock ) honda dealers cannot get any more of them in the USA. Lots of dealers don't have any some dealers have a few some dealers got boxes of them. But when the USA dealers sell out that's it there gone. But you might can still buy them from honda at that time from outside the USA. It's good you got 5 sets. :). If you can find dealers with them in the bag I would buy them. The ones in the bag after all these years are softer and make them go on easy. Great buy! :)
today I contacted my friend at the official American Honda parts center in Alpharetta ga to inquire about inventory for p/n#95010-16001, he checked parts stock at all official honda motorcycle parts distribution centers across the usa and this item is in the official American Honda part warehouses stock for ordering and delivery right now in any quantity.
Paul.
 
Wow that's great they must of brought them back! :). That's good to know. When I got my first batch my honda shop said they could not get them any longer but gave me 3 dealers phone #,,s that had some left over stock. I will tell my dealer to order me some new ones now. That way they will be soft rubber should be made with in the last month. Great info thanks. :)
 
I have read this thread very carefully. When mine get here, I plan to boil them, spit on them, and then put them in my pocket for a whole day along with a pair of needle nose pliers. Should glide right on after that.
 
I just called my honda dealer that could not get them in April when I got my first 14 deluxe. But they say honda brought them back due to the demand! I guess this forum and everyone buying the NOS honda decided to bring them back. Anyone wanting any I would buy new ones and have their dealer order them due to getting new ones just made with soft rubber and should go on very easy! Good detective work vfrpaul98 :)
 
Thread starter
ThomWill_imp said:
I have read this thread very carefully. When mine get here, I plan to boil them, spit on them, and then put them in my pocket for a whole day along with a pair of needle nose pliers. Should glide right on after that.
Respectfully, Thom, I'm not sure you've read carefully enough. I think you might also need a hairdryer, hairspray and WD40 in your pocket. If ShySue is to be believed a husband helps too!:P
 
First the surge was probably due to Ridem32 and that motivated Honda. Second I just put mine on my new bike, only spit and muscle in about minute. You folks need to eat some Wheaties.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well last year they were a B***H to get on.

I think I'll order some more one of these days. Just in case...
 
They have arrived!!!! My wife seems incredulous of my claims of massively increased performance and value. Pshhhh, I will show her once I get them installed, then she will believe!
 
Okay, spit on lever, spit in RLET, wiggle it on with slight back and forth motion. All of one to two minutes each.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top