Rubber Lever End Thingies

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
In my opinion this important topic deserves a thread of its own.

Inspired by Ferret and others, I decided that the CB1100 as shipped was incomplete without the little rubber lever end thingies so, armed with the part number
(Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.), I went along to a Honda dealer in Brisbane when I was visiting a fortnight or so ago. I was told they'd have to be imported.

Well, they were, and they arrived yesterday when, by a stroke of fortune, I was in Brisbane again so I went and picked them up.

Those levers look pretty bare don't they?

2837a1feb72106b097dee66c3a6a0279.jpg


3432d15737310dc3fe8916fff10680e3.jpg


Not any more!

fa073f92cd22825f4e24dc95ab6f41a0.jpg


84a49201fd8598a625c6d74f3437a760.jpg


They were truly awful to put on. Good trick getting your dealer to do it, Ferret. I beat them into submission by giving them a bath in near boiling water, squirting a dribble of WD40 onto the knob and then whipping them on while they were hot and supple.

I'm now a very happy camper.
 
Dang.....those look good on there..great job Cormanus! :thumbsup:


Everytime a set goes on, an angle earns her wings :angel:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dang.....those look good on there..great job Cormanus! :thumbsup:


Everytime a set goes on, an angle earns her wings :angel:
:rofl:

That fight to get them on is part of the initiation to "our thing" :cool:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Dang.....those look good on there..great job Cormanus! :thumbsup:


Everytime a set goes on, an angle earns her wings :angel:
I'll have to go for a ride in a minute. I just know it will ride better with them there. :clap:

Lord Popgun_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dang.....those look good on there..great job Cormanus! :thumbsup:


Everytime a set goes on, an angle earns her wings :angel:
:rofl:

That fight to get them on is part of the initiation to "our thing" :cool:
:thanks:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
In my opinion this important topic deserves a thread of its own.

Inspired by Ferret and others, I decided that the CB1100 as shipped was incomplete without the little rubber lever end thingies so, armed with the part number
(Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.), I went along to a Honda dealer in Brisbane when I was visiting a fortnight or so ago. I was told they'd have to be imported.

Well, they were, and they arrived yesterday when, by a stroke of fortune, I was in Brisbane again so I went and picked them up.

Those levers look pretty bare don't they?

2837a1feb72106b097dee66c3a6a0279.jpg


3432d15737310dc3fe8916fff10680e3.jpg


Not any more!

fa073f92cd22825f4e24dc95ab6f41a0.jpg


84a49201fd8598a625c6d74f3437a760.jpg


They were truly awful to put on. Good trick getting your dealer to do it, Ferret. I beat them into submission by giving them a bath in near boiling water, squirting a dribble of WD40 onto the knob and then whipping them on while they were hot and supple.

I'm now a very happy camper.
I'm not quite sure why, but your post reminded me of a certain scene in the original version of "Total Recall"...

(I'll post the pic small to avoid inadvertently grossing anybody out.)

 
Thread starter
pechorin75_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
In my opinion this important topic deserves a thread of its own.

Inspired by Ferret and others, I decided that the CB1100 as shipped was incomplete without the little rubber lever end thingies so, armed with the part number
(Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.), I went along to a Honda dealer in Brisbane when I was visiting a fortnight or so ago. I was told they'd have to be imported.

Well, they were, and they arrived yesterday when, by a stroke of fortune, I was in Brisbane again so I went and picked them up.

Those levers look pretty bare don't they?

2837a1feb72106b097dee66c3a6a0279.jpg


3432d15737310dc3fe8916fff10680e3.jpg


Not any more!

fa073f92cd22825f4e24dc95ab6f41a0.jpg


84a49201fd8598a625c6d74f3437a760.jpg


They were truly awful to put on. Good trick getting your dealer to do it, Ferret. I beat them into submission by giving them a bath in near boiling water, squirting a dribble of WD40 onto the knob and then whipping them on while they were hot and supple.

I'm now a very happy camper.
I'm not quite sure why, but your post reminded me of a certain scene in the original version of "Total Recall"...

(I'll post the pic small to avoid inadvertently grossing anybody out.)
I'm not quite sure why, but your post reminded me of a certain scene in the original version of "Total Recall"...

(I'll post the pic small to avoid inadvertently grossing anybody out.)
:rofl:
 
Looking good. I remember putting them on my hondas when I was a kid. Had just as much trouble installing them now and I did back then. But they do make the bike look better. Thanks to the ferret for this idea.
Ride safe my friend
 
pechorin75_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
In my opinion this important topic deserves a thread of its own.

Inspired by Ferret and others, I decided that the CB1100 as shipped was incomplete without the little rubber lever end thingies so, armed with the part number
(Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.), I went along to a Honda dealer in Brisbane when I was visiting a fortnight or so ago. I was told they'd have to be imported.

Well, they were, and they arrived yesterday when, by a stroke of fortune, I was in Brisbane again so I went and picked them up.

Those levers look pretty bare don't they?

2837a1feb72106b097dee66c3a6a0279.jpg


3432d15737310dc3fe8916fff10680e3.jpg


Not any more!

fa073f92cd22825f4e24dc95ab6f41a0.jpg


84a49201fd8598a625c6d74f3437a760.jpg


They were truly awful to put on. Good trick getting your dealer to do it, Ferret. I beat them into submission by giving them a bath in near boiling water, squirting a dribble of WD40 onto the knob and then whipping them on while they were hot and supple.

I'm now a very happy camper.
I'm not quite sure why, but your post reminded me of a certain scene in the original version of "Total Recall"...

(I'll post the pic small to avoid inadvertently grossing anybody out.)
Funny you should say that. Sort of reminded me of an incident that happened while having a little R and R in Saigon back in '68. Probably better forgotten really :s.

Cheers
 
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe you have really slippery spit ;)
 
Elipten_imp said:
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is how I was shown how to do it as a kid and it still works. Took me about 20 minutes to install mine.
 
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Just as a matter of interest what is the part number of the "Rubber Lever End Thingies" as they do look rather good.
Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.
Part # 95010-16001 qty1 per package.
That part number should be the answer to a trivia question needed to become a member of the forum...or maybe as part of an initiation process to commit it to memory and be able to recall it at a moments notice. :D
 
Thread starter
Truly sorry all, forgot to include this important preparatory photograph at the beginning of the post.

 
enzo_imp said:
So ......its not the colour (color) that makes it go faster......BUT 95010-16001 X 2= Speed.
I know this sounds like "Ding Dong" (if she was before your time I can fill you in), but "what colours do they come in?" :rolleyes:

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Was it "Ding Dong" or Diana Fisher? "is it safe for the kiddies?" was the next question.
Oh, and the answer is "Any colour you like as long as it's black." :)
 
Back
Top