Rubber Feet for Center Stand?

Yata-Garasu_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Does the center stand have any optional rubber feet? Mine is bare metal, and it slides around on the pavement. Even if I lift it gently onto the stand, it still seems to slide a couple of inches before it comes to rest.
 
Not that I have ever come across. It’s probably been done before on some obscure make or other. Most things have been done haven’t they. I stick a piece of old carpet under mine in the place I park it in the garage, that works fine.
 
I have never considered rubber booties. All my bikes had the usual steel feet slide (many times anyway) on the mounted surface.
 
They may exist, but I have never seen a bike with rubber feet.
I have no problem at all using the center stand on my fairly smooth concrete garage floor (the only place I use the center stand) so it's not something I ever thought about.
 
I had the same problem , being a concrete contractor / builder my garage floors are super smooth. When taking the bike off the center stand it would just slide. Solved the issue with a horse stall mat 4’x6’ x 3/4 thick rubber . It also prevents flat spotting on the tires. It’s cost was $ 70.00
 
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
 
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Have you seen some of the high-tech epoxy-coated garage floors people have? You can eat off them. Add a little cheetah patterned foot-warming mini-carpet under the CB and things could slide pretty far, but hopefully not into the bed.
 
I had three 650 Yamaha twins that you could turn around on a hard concrete floor just by starting them up, and pushing on the seat as they danced on their center stands from vibration.
 
I tried putting rubber adhesive pads and vice pads on center stand feet on a bike years ago, but they came right off. If you think about the action the center stand feet take as they touch the ground and rotate under as the bike comes up, there’s a lot of load coming from different directions on a small area, and a pad would probably not be able to deal with it.

I have a generic rubber car floor mat that I put on the ground under my stand. My garage floor is pretty smooth and I have had issues with sliding trying to get the bike off of the stand as well. The rubber mat helps quite a bit.
 
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Thank you Ferrett .
 
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.

You get used to pulling a 900+ pound bike up on a center stand doing it with the CB is like a feather. That plus a slick concrete floor....

2 ft may be a stretch but it can slide back a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I don't have a problem putting my bike ON the center stand, I have a problem taking it OFF! I have a very slippery garage floor, and I always use my center stand. Many times I end up pushing my bike several feet forward with the stand sliding across the floor without folding up until there is no more room to go when attempting to take it OFF the stand. Then I have to drag it back by pulling on the luggage rack and try it all over again. I will purchase a cheap carpet with a rubber bottom to place below it.
 
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
 
Billie_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
It was moderated due to several complaints. We don't do political here.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
After getting used to putting a goldwing on a center stand when I do it with the CB the darn thing skids back a couple of feet! I like that carpet idea or maybe even a rubber mat.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
It was moderated due to several complaints. We don't do political here.
Your CB moves back 2' when you put it on the center stand?

Come on Man.
What happened to my Biden reference?
It was moderated due to several complaints. We don't do political here. You were right on this one Ferret !
 
Back
Top