Route Recommendations? Austria, Slovenia, Croatia

You lucky chap, you. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
You lucky chap, you. :thumbsup:
Yes, I feel fortunate. I am tacking this onto a business trip, which eliminates air fare from the calculation. We're also riding unchaperoned by a touring agency, which is the real source of savings. We only need to rent bikes, pay for petrol, food (beer), and hotels. I think this ride will cost USD $1000-1200.

I'm excited but a little apprehensive too! I'm traveling with a veteran rider (I've only got 18k miles under my belt) but I will take credit for the idea of this ride and the proposed route. I knew I had bitten off a lot when he raised an eyebrow! :s

I rode the Furka Pass in Switzerland last July, which gave me a taste for the Alps that can't be untasted. :)
 
Never ridden in Europe, but I'm sure it's as you describe—get a taste for it and you have to do more. And more. And more.
 
Europe is awesome. My wife and I did a Edelweiss tour in 2010 and toured Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and Lichtenstein. I would go back there and ride in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Enjoy the experience Stichill, you lucky guy.
 
Back
Top