Rock n roll ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Brother and I got together today for a ride. 41 when we took off at 11;30 but before we got home it was 61..unbelievable for this time of the year in the Ohio Valley

First stop was for lunch at Rockin Robins in Ripley Ohio



cute menu ..I had the Elvis Club "thank you very much"

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20002_zpshf7vrjsu.jpg.html]

cute décor

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20003_zpsikeiu2r1.jpg.html]

after lunch we hit 41 from the river to West Union and then 247 from West Union to Hillsboro for a little rock and roll of another kind

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20012_zpsh7ehwvyj.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20018_zpsqkpnvcgv.jpg.html]

At Hillsboro we stopped for a spot of Tea

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20026_zpssf0ddlk3.jpg.html]

then took Rt 50 down thru Fayettville, and Owensville

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20036_zpsddjayw0l.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan%2030%20ride%20with%20Randy%20039_zpsvoyu7nbw.jpg.html]

at 222 we split up with my brother heading north and I heading south to home.

145 miles today. Awesome. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost as nice so the CB will get to stretch it's legs some.
 
Thanks for the pics and report, ferret. I think I would gone for the Rockin' Reuben though!

61 F is amazing! We've got a few days of high forties to mid fifties starting tomorrow, so I'll be out too. It's been over a month so I'm itching to go.
 
And Ferret, did you find that the Miracle Whip prepared you for the cold ride ahead?

Cheers
I must go and have breakfast. I've spent 20 minutes looking at the menu and 20 seconds at the ride photos.
 
Thread starter
I'm German...when my folks made sauerkraut I ate at the Italian kid's down the street (They always had spaghetti it seemed). Can't stand to even smell kraut cooking.
 
Mmmm, there'a little cafe, sandwich shop in Blackshear that serves a really excellent Rueben. My problem is I like all cuisines from Italian to Thai to which my ample waistline bears witness. I will not, however eat egg plant and I don't care how it's prepared.

Nice ride Micky, glad the weather has been so kind to you folks in more northern climes.
 
Can someone help me out? Tara's Chicken Salad intrigued me as it offers 'white meat chicken'. Is there some other kind in the US? Are us Aussies missing out? Again?

Good report as always Ferret, demonstrating yet again that man does not live by bread alone. He must also go for a ride.
 
Thread starter
Thank you MTC.

Ferret, the weather gods are being kind to you. How many miles so far this year?
 
Thread starter
They sure have Cormanus and it's 48 and sunny here today. Got in 1,232 miles for January.

When my 3 yr old grandson gets picked up at 5 pm today, I will get out for 45 mins or so tonight so will start February off on a good note. .
 
Thread starter
Love the third picture. Very US.
 
Nice pics! You are lucky to have such good riding weather and lucky to be able to take advantage of it. Like Cormanus said the third picture with the barn is great.
 
Thread starter
American for sure although barns are part of the landscape of every nation I would think.

60 here today. Took 2 rides. AM 75 miles on the ST. PM 33 miles on the CB. I'm going to really hate it when winter comes back lol
 
Back
Top