road comet fairing

I have a question on the road comet. My bike has raised handlebars. Not sure exactly but i would guess 2"? Will the road comet still fit? or work with raised bars?
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I have a question on the road comet. My bike has raised handlebars. Not sure exactly but i would guess 2"? Will the road comet still fit? or work with raised bars?
Yes. I have Genmar risers and a Road Comet on my CB11.
works great
I have asked Santa for a touring screen for the Road Comet.
Will see if I have been nice this year,,,,,
 
It has been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but today I ordered my Road Comet in red with smoke screen and silver slash. Should have it in 3.5 months plus about two weeks shipping, according to Mr Takahashi. Pricey, but really beautiful.
 
Wow a thread started by VFR Paul. That goes back aways.

Congrats Nachodaddy. A great looking fairing for the CB.
 
Once Mr. T gets it in his hands you’ll have it in 2 or 3 days usually. He puts it on the first plane out, 14 hrs or so later it is in NY (in my case). Then after it clears customs it will show up at your house in a day or so.

Won’t be much longer and mine will be coming off for the Winter and the NC EX shield will be going on.
 
That Kawasaki is beautiful. I feel like Dr Frankenstein resurrecting this thread. Appropriate time of year for that, I guess. Funny story - while waiting for my son to bring my bike, I ordered a Puig Naked fairing. When it got here, I removed it from the box and put it someplace safe. I now have NO IDEA where it is. Still have the empty box in the garage though. I really do hope Bill Gates or somebody has been secretly implanting tracking devices in my body so at least someone will know where I am when I don't anymore.:)
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
That Kawasaki is beautiful. I feel like Dr Frankenstein resurrecting this thread. Appropriate time of year for that, I guess. Funny story - while waiting for my son to bring my bike, I ordered a Puig Naked fairing. When it got here, I removed it from the box and put it someplace safe. I now have NO IDEA where it is. Still have the empty box in the garage though. I really do hope Bill Gates or somebody has been secretly implanting tracking devices in my body so at least someone will know where I am when I don't anymore.:)
...don't worry, we'll find you...make sure you have the ignition keys and the ownership to all of your bikes :P
 
The secret tracking chips are in the Covid vaccines. Thats why the .gov wants everyone to get a shot.

A guy at work actually believes that!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The secret tracking chips are in the Covid vaccines. Thats why the .gov wants everyone to get a shot.

A guy at work actually believes that!
... nothing that the Secret Decoder Ring can't deal with, eh?
 
Yeah, I had it cancel the chips. So I’m good!!

Interestingly, my dentist extracting a tooth Tuesday didn’t hurt as much as that second Covid shot. Which felt like they were shooting battery acid in my arm. And the Ring wouldn’t help with either of those. :(

And just to stay on topic, once you guy get your Road Comet mounted the first time you can remove it anytime just by removing the 3 screws. Then do any maintenance you want in the headlight shell or whatever and remount the Comet in less than a couple of minutes.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, I had it cancel the chips. So I’m good!!

Interestingly, my dentist extracting a tooth Tuesday didn’t hurt as much as that second Covid shot. Which felt like they were shooting battery acid in my arm. And the Ring wouldn’t help with either of those. :(

And just to stay on topic, once you guy get your Road Comet mounted the first time you can remove it anytime just by removing the 3 screws. Then do any maintenance you want in the headlight shell or whatever and remount the Comet in less than a couple of minutes.
Thanks for your help on the Comet, I really appreciate it.
Experience with the vaccinations seems to vary as much as each individual. My first two (Pfizer) only hurt a little at the injection site the first day, but the third, or booster, I was out of it for about a day. Not feeling sick, just wasn't my self all the next day. No energy and foggy thinking. Of course, that could be eighty years of mental clutter, too.
After my Air Force years, I am pretty sure the government knows more about me than I do, so I'm not worried about a little imaginary tracking device. :cool:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, I had it cancel the chips. So I’m good!!

Interestingly, my dentist extracting a tooth Tuesday didn’t hurt as much as that second Covid shot. Which felt like they were shooting battery acid in my arm. And the Ring wouldn’t help with either of those. :(

And just to stay on topic, once you guy get your Road Comet mounted the first time you can remove it anytime just by removing the 3 screws. Then do any maintenance you want in the headlight shell or whatever and remount the Comet in less than a couple of minutes.
Thanks for your help on the Comet, I really appreciate it.
Experience with the vaccinations seems to vary as much as each individual. My first two (Pfizer) only hurt a little at the injection site the first day, but the third, or booster, I was out of it for about a day. Not feeling sick, just wasn't my self all the next day. No energy and foggy thinking. Of course, that could be eighty years of mental clutter, too.
After my Air Force years, I am pretty sure the government knows more about me than I do, so I'm not worried about a little imaginary tracking device. :cool:
Maybe we should consider ourselves fully and completely pickled after the third injection.
 
My RC has a very tight fit around the headlight bezel. It’s making contact somewhere because theres an associated buzz from it that comes on around 3400RPM. I need to address that this weekend as I’ve put up with it for a long time. It stops when I grab the wind screen and pull it towards me slightly. Outside chance a couple of the smallish bolts that hold the screen on are lose. That would be the easiest fix.
 
It may not be the RC even though it seems like it is the cause. It will amplify any buzz that you would or might not otherwise hear.

A number of us had the same problem and it was the connectors in the headlight shell buzzing against the shell. Wrap them in thin foam or something. I used thin foam like things come wrapped in. Problem solved.

And like you, pulling on just about anything would make it stop. But it was those dang connectors buzzing.

Somewhere on the forum are pics I posted. To add, I did not come up with the theory, but was the first to try it.

Easy and FREE to try.
 
Back
Top