Was 30 degrees when I took off on this morning's ride but the roads were dry and clear. About 15 miles into my ride I came across one of those photographable "milestone" moments Ptero talks about ..(look at the odometer)
I had a 2007 FJR 1300 several years ago, which your bike reminds me of. It was smooth, quiet and a fun bike to ride. That was, without question, the smoothest running motorcycle I've been on. Sadly, the riding position just didn't work for me so sold it less than a year after my purchase.
Nice lake, area... I'm glad you got out, and got back safely!
Great photos Ferret. My road is finally clear enough to sneak a bike out (first time in two months), but it's only 20 degrees outside today. I'd need to ride the K1200RS to have sufficient amperage to power all my electrically-heated goodies, but the wind protection on that bike is nowhere as ample as on your ST, so I'd still freeze. The bikes sit.
Good photos. Now I know why you use that helmet. Drinking tea through a straw with a full face on should be possible, but...... Maybe a heated, insulated, Camelbak might be the go.
And that is one scary milestone! Hope you checked for lurking Rottweilers before you stopped.
The ST and I have bonded pretty well. Like the CB the power is just where I want it, down low. Never seems like it's working hard. Great wind protection, handles well, stops well. Just heavy as all get out.
Tomorrows ride will be nippy. Going down in single digits tonight, 7 I think, high of 16 tomorrow.
Birds with the gear it's like any other day of riding. I enjoy these days as much as any when I'm riding actually.
qg, the FJR is a great bike. A little tall and top heavy for me though. I almost bought one in 06.
I heard rumors that Honda may be resurrecting the ST1300.
A year ago when I bought my CTX700, I was very interested in the CTX1300, seemed like a very nice bike. But the price was too high for me. And sitting on it, it felt very "wide". Just a first impression was all.
Drove down the hill from the Blue Ridge today and saw 2 motorcycles out. It was 7 in my driveway and 11 when the first went by. Gotta love heated gear.
50 miles at 19 is cold even with heated gear. Snow flurries today, plus I have to work. I may ride to the little bike maintenance seminar at Des Plaines Honda tomorrow if the streets relatively clear. (high of 30 predicted).