Riding Jean Guide (Revzilla)

I saw this link on the CTX Forum and I found it pretty intriguing....but expensive. They'll take virtually any pair of pants and sew in a Kevlar liner with armor pockets for you. (For a price, Ugarte. for a price)

http://www.rusteprotection.com

I am giving thought to sending them a pair of poplin work pants like I used to wear when I worked in a gas station or maybe a pair of Carhartt canvas jeans.
 
I wear the American made Diamond Gusset Kevlar lined jeans and like them very much.
Pricey, but the good stuff always is.
 
NightRider_imp said:
These are jeans that protect you while sliding on pavement? If so, I do need to look at those before summer.
Yes, mainly the sliding part.
They don't have any armor to protect you against impact.
 
I finally got around to watching Revzilla's 2015 riding jeans guide. One thing's for sure, I won't be getting a pair of Rokker jeans or those skinny jeans. The first I can't afford and the second, well, let's just say I have a pretty good idea of what type of pants complement my figure and skinny jeans aren't them. Those Scorpion Covert Pro jeans look like something I should try out: Scorpion EXO Covert Pro Jeans (36X32) - RevZilla
 
Found some nice padded and armored leather pants at goodwill online.
Have some over pants - love them. Also some Kevlar jeans - hot and scratchy. Also some mesh pants with armor that I use as over pants or wear plain depending on situation. Over pants good for commuting or sorta dressy situations, plus as extra warmth in cool weather.
On two wheels I force myself to wear protective gear when riding. Promised my mother I would when I was 16 and always keep my promises, especially to mom.
Carhart and Duluth make some pants worth considering, some with dual heavy fabric. I also have some"tights" with armor that I can wear under any pants, I like that concept. Swear by armor.
Saw some BMW city pants last week - nice but pricey.
 
https://rideapart.com/articles/which-motorcycle-jeans-should-you-buy

This is a pretty interesting article to read if you're in the market for riding jeans. It's mostly targeted for riders who want an understated jean you can wear all day, on-and-off the bike.

Of the jeans listed, I own a pair of UglyBros Triton jeans, which will be replaced by rotating between Iron Heart jeans and Rev'it Carnaby jeans, the latter being shipped from Revzilla at the moment.

I loved my Uglybros jeans; fit was perfect, style was perfect, even the knee pad placement is ingenious (pocket inserts are on the outside instead of the jean's inner lining; near-guaranteed fit and easy installation/removal). But the integrity of the 12oz denim wasn't enough to hold up against everyday wear after 12 months, so I've lost confidence of its ability to protect from abrasion.

I chose Iron Heart to test the integrity of a heavy 21oz denim jean, and chose the Rev'it jeans for its Cordura weave, I'll definitely post updated reviews in the near future.

Notes: The Rideapart article's a little dated: if you were interested in Uglybros & don't mind having crotch holes from sitting on a bike every day, there's a US website & vendor in CA: uglyBROS USA© Official | Motorcycle Riding Jeans and More

Iron Heart has an american Vendor in San Francisco: Self Edge is Denim

I also advise against clicking the Dethkillers link on the Rideapart article; I tried clicking it on a work computer during my lunch break once and it wouldn't grant me access, saying something about malicious malware/spyware, something like that.
 
Been using several pairs of Hood jeans for a couple years now. They are kevlar lined (the entire pant, to the ankle) and come with D30 armour in the knees and hips. They fit like a Levis 501 and definetely look and feel like they could soak up a good crash at any speeds you would ride wearing jeans. Expensive, but you can find them on Ebay often.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
 
This is a most helpful thread. Revzilla's videos and 2015 Gear Guides are most helpful. Saved me about $50.00 and I am getting a better pair of pants than I had planned on.
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I finally got around to watching Revzilla's 2015 riding jeans guide. One thing's for sure, I won't be getting a pair of Rokker jeans or those skinny jeans. The first I can't afford and the second, well, let's just say I have a pretty good idea of what type of pants complement my figure and skinny jeans aren't them. Those Scorpion Covert Pro jeans look like something I should try out: Scorpion EXO Covert Pro Jeans (36X32) - RevZilla
The Scorpion Covert Pro is what I settled on also. They may be a bit on the hot side but appear to offer excellent protection for a very good price. I plan to post an update once they arrive.

Edit: the Scorpion Pros do not come with knee protectors which must be ordered separately.
 
Draggin' Jeans are my faves. Wear like iron. Also have a couple pairs of Kevlar lined jeans from Cycle Gear. Lighter material than the Draggin's.
Like them in hot weather.
 
Back
Top