Riding.. fun with numbers 2015

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Django's thread on mileage got me thinking about my own riding this past year, so I pulled out my logs and looked at the numbers. You may find it interesting, you may not. Since I read Touratechs opinion that one could ride 308 days out of 365 in the area of the country I live in (if you are willing to put up with some inconveniences... like weather), I have been trying to do that. So far haven't been able to get it done, but I will keep trying. So, here are my personal numbers for 2015:

Total miles (all bikes) … 22,033
(ST 12,184 mi … CB 9,574 mi … YPV 400 275 mi)

Total days ridden …. 274/365

Ave miles ridden per day ….. 80

Most miles single day ….. 465 miles on May 26 on the CB (yep on stock seat)

Least miles ridden in a single day …. 9 miles on Aug 14th on the CB (I try to not ride less than 30 miles once I fire up a bike, but had a colonoscopy and was put under that morning lol…wasn’t supposed to ride for 24 hours..oops)

Most miles ridden in one week …. 1,831 miles May 25-31 on the CB (yep, on stock seat)

Rode in all 12 months (9th year in a row since I’ve been keeping records)

Most miles ridden in a month … 3,501 miles in May

Least miles ridden in a month … 952 miles in February (only month with under 1000 miles)

0 months where I rode every day

3 months missed 1 day of riding … May, June and Dec

1 month missed 17 days of riding … February

In July and August I was laid up for 21 days with a back issue (Man, glad that's over with, at least for now)

For some reason I rode 7,019 miles less this year than I did in 2014. Also in 2014 there were several months I didn't miss a day. Wonder if I'm starting to slow down? Hope not. I think if my back hadn't gone out in July/Aug, two prime riding months the numbers would have been similar. Then again in 2014 I only rode 2 days in January for 127 miles (23/31 for 1317 miles in 2015) and so far this year I've ridden 8/12 for 606 miles, so off to a good start for 2016.

Like I said you may not find all this particularly interesting. At any rate for me it's fun to keep track of all this and to try and do better/ride more every day, every month, every year. Only have so much time left... would prefer to spend it riding. :biker:
 
Cool stuff ferret. I think I'll start keeping a log, Since this will be my first full year of retirement, maybe I could match half your mileage. :)
 
Here's my 2015 date to the best of my recollection. Thanks, Mickey for this post. I do find this interesting.

Total miles (all bikes) … 6520
(CB1100)

Total days ridden …. 67/365 (my best guess)

Avg miles ridden per day ….. 97

Most miles single day ….. 500 April 11 - Moonshine Lunch Run (yep on stock seat)

Least miles ridden in a single day …. 10 miles on February 22 (Temp was 18f so 10 miles was plenty)

Most miles ridden in one week …. Approximately 1500 June 13-20 (Ozarks Trip. Ride Report with exact miles pending) (yep, on stock seat)

Rode in all 12 months (First time for a full calendar year, but if I get my February 2016 ride in, I will have 2 years of riding at least once/month. Measly by comparison to The Ferret)

Most miles ridden in a month … No records for this in 2015. Best guess is June and about 2200 miles

Least miles ridden in a month … 10 miles in February (snow and cold and snow....and cold)

0 months where I rode every day....I still work and I live about 3 blocks from my office. I only have a legitimate chance to ride on weekends and vacations so the number of days missed riding are many and very much "missed".

I like this recap of the year and I will try to keep a log of my miles and adventures for 2016. I still owe two reports for rides in 2015 and vow to get those posted as well.
 
Thread starter
If you do the calendar on the wall/desk/table method and fill it in everyday it's easy

 
Thread starter
On the left in the pic is my daughter... and on the right my grandaughter.
 
Now now...before all y'all think I'm a pervert, the picture is very small on my screen. They're still cute though. :)
 
Thread starter
Luckily the girls all take after my wife... The poor boy on the other hand
 
Thats a lot of riding!
Neighbor has an interesting goal - he has a state map hanging in his garage and colors in a county when he rides through it, his goal is every county in the state. Has 4 state maps hanging up, NC,SC,VA, and KY - he's a Kentucky native.

Wish I had started those habits - ride logs and destinations - sooner.
Never too late, and it is January.
 
Thread starter
I have a states map on the wall in my motorcycle room for tracking states I have ridden through. I've hit 40 of the lower 48 (plus 2 provinces of Canada and 5 countries in Europe). Will get some more U.S. states this summer.
 
Back
Top