Rider Foot pegs

Matt F._imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone changed out their foot pegs?

I realize that the factory pegs are "proper" for the CB but they have always seemed so undersized, at least for my liking. I'm not clear on why two of the five points of contact with the bike (save knees) are so tiny. It's perplexing... If this was a high performance racing machine I could understand. It's not though, it's a standard, refined and classic motorcycle. Best I can figure is that the foot pegs fall under the category of "that's how it's always been"

Don't get me wrong... I'm not looking for Luxury liner softail deluxe platforms BUT I'd like something with a bit more surface area under my boots.
Any suggestions?
 
I'm glad I have girl size feet :) My pegs are just right!

Sorry I can't help Matt, but there have been some peg changes by a few. If they don't chime in I'll see if I can find some threads later.
 
Stayed tuned in. I have a set of inexpensive aftermarket replacement pegs for a Goldwing on the way from China.

They're like the regular Honda pegs, just a bit wider/flatter. Spotted their use on a CB500 forum thread which got the original idea from a CB300 forum thread, so if it fits those smaller Honda's it should fit our CB1100 just fine.

Will post a new topic once I get them in my hands.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog's made me remember that the pegs on my wife's CTX700 are flatter and maybe a little longer.
 
We may be blurring the distinction between foot pegs and foot rests (and potentially floor boards, though I don't think that's the OP's intention). I suppose it comes down to personal preference and one's stance on the bike. It's all good. We see the same thing with brake lever- and shift lever enlargers.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Huladog's made me remember that the pegs on my wife's CTX700 are flatter and maybe a little longer.

Take a ruler to them Sea and see what they measure.
 
A little misleading camera angle so the Goldwing pegs look much bigger than they really are.

Starting a new topic covering the installation and challenges over in Accessories/Modifications!



Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
Huladog_imp said:
A little misleading camera angle so the Goldwing pegs look much bigger than they really are.

Starting a new topic covering the installation and challenges over in Accessories/Modifications!



Aloha,
Huladog
Ok those look awesome.... I'll check out the other thread thanks
 
After I installed the Goldwing pegs on my CB11 I remembered that my previous bike (CTX1300) also had pegs that were wider than usual but not as wide as the Goldwing so that may be another option.

I checked the OEM parts fiche and the pegs are wider than the CB11 but not sure how readily available aftermarket replacements can be found on ebay, etc.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Back
Top