Ride Withdrawals

quietguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Almost a week since my first and only ride on my new CB1100. The immediate effects are shakes, twitchiness, slight drool.

Temporary relief, I unlocked my storage building after getting home from work, entered then dusted my baby - what I suppose some would say is "giving some love".

Then I sat in the saddle... and made "rumbling and vrooming" noises.

Sunday's prediction is a high of 54F. Looking at the hourly scale, they say about 40f by 9:00 am.

Gonna slip on my new riding boots, bundle up, grab my helmet and stutter my way out to the bike.

I know, I know... a dull posting but I gotta do something to quell this stutter I've developed.

I need a :biker: !
 
Totally understandable QG

You should see what happens to me if I don't ride for a couple of days. It's not pretty. My wife says it's an addiction, and my let down is the same one weight lifters and runners and bicyclists get if they don't get to do their thing everyday. You get nervous, and twitchy and irritable. The more days you miss, the worse it becomes. I think she's right.
 
What impresses me is the fact that you've ridden her once and you have well over 200 posts. Well done. Soon enough you'll be posting in the Seat Time section, sharing all your CB adventures. 2016 is going to be a good year.
 
Thread starter
Sorry about my over-posting fellas... I suppose my nickname seems a bit of a contradiction.

One ride on my CB1100, true. But 54 years worth of saddle time in total, and I've never lost my love of riding. I fear the day when I'm unable to ride... May as well take me out back and be done with it, eh? :P
 
Saying a person over posts is akin to claiming your wife too pretty and virtuous, your family too close and loving or your German Short Hair too fine a bird dog.

You can't post too much QG, it's all good and keep it up.
 
Tomorrow, later in the afternoon, it is supposed to be ZERO percent chance of rain and in the upper 50s... Hey, ain't you gonna stay home and watch those Boys? Hail to the Redskins bwhahaha I have been working solid on my KZ1000; pulled engine and rebuilt transmission and should be finished today. Sick of the shop and the heater running... need some seat time as well!
 
wiredgeorge_imp said:
Tomorrow, later in the afternoon, it is supposed to be ZERO percent chance of rain and in the upper 50s... Hey, ain't you gonna stay home and watch those Boys? Hail to the Redskins bwhahaha I have been working solid on my KZ1000; pulled engine and rebuilt transmission and should be finished today. Sick of the shop and the heater running... need some seat time as well!
Sounds like a great day coming. Good riding George.
 
Thread starter
My "withdrawals" continue - now I've got the sweats...:P

Went out earlier and gently dusted my girl, lovingly running my hands over her seat (errr, saddle).

Freshly lubed the chain with the new Dupont Teflon stuff. Then... I just HAD to start her up, let her idle with a couple gentle blips.

Did it help? Well... I'll be up early and checking the temps every 30 minutes.

:shy:
 
I feel your pain QG. Haven't been on mine in at least 3 weeks. Supposed to be in mid to upper 40's here today, but still patches of snow and ice on neighborhood streets. Don't think I want to take my chances. I would be much worse than unhappy if I wrecked my bike. Hopefully by Tue. it will dry off more and I can get out for a bit, even 20 mi. would do.
 
Thread starter
I think Colorado is one of the prettiest states here in the U.S.. But I doubt I would last much more than one winter there.

I sincerely hope you're able to get out and ride soon, Doug!
 
I couldn't take it any longer, so despite being 45 degrees outside I took a 35 mile ride Sunday. An electric vest helps, of course. :D
 
quietguy_imp said:
Predicted low 60's both Thursday and Friday... I'll ride at least one of those days for sure.
I bought my '14 standard on Saturday, 39 degrees, but bright and sunny, good enough for a test ride which convinced me to buy...Sunday morning, snow, Monday...ice. Today...clearing somewhat. Soon...
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
quietguy_imp said:
Predicted low 60's both Thursday and Friday... I'll ride at least one of those days for sure.
I bought my '14 standard on Saturday, 39 degrees, but bright and sunny, good enough for a test ride which convinced me to buy...Sunday morning, snow, Monday...ice. Today...clearing somewhat. Soon...
I feel ya, bro!

Congrats on your new CB1100!
 
I've not been on my bike for three weeks, and it's slowly killing me.

I have good reasons though. A few days before Christmas our second daughter Emma was born :) So I've been quite busy with that and just spending time at home with my family over the holidays. Then I started working this week, so I was hoping to ride in, but Monday started with -10C and 5cm of snow. It's still snowing...

My withdrawal symptom? I used the downtime to draw a picture of my bike on my ipad, should do nicely for an avatar picture:

8c7bffdb0ac82489b2f653cb6c3e0306.png
 
Back
Top