Ride across the USA

Django. Do you need me to bring anything you might have forgot? I’m prepping bike/gear today and tomorrow. Will meet you in Escalante Friday Pm. Depending on the time, we go to motel and then dinner or if it’s late we eat in town then ride to motel.
 
Thread starter
Frulk, very kind of you! Just the tires, mine are already toast.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G Play mit Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
No, they were used already, but should have lasted until Escalante. That was the plan...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G Play mit Tapatalk
 
Yikes! Will you make it Escalante, Django?
 
Bike is prepped and loaded for the Django meet-up and southern Utah Canyon country run.....

f29a56ba797c0584e90ef8795255c072.jpg


881dab5df607a4e12b8e06291f32f837.jpg
 
Wow that looks like a load, but maybe that's because the box looks so big. Safe travels Frulk. and have fun with Django
 
Could get worse if Django doesn’t have the tire surface left to get to Hanksville. If that’s the case I’ll have to add a set of tires to the inventory. I suppose I could wear them around my waist. Just came back from the garage. Maxed out the rear shock preload settings just in case.
 
Tyres take up a fair bit of space. Here's an Angel GT rear on the back of my bike.

 
I keep my tires on the rims. Seems like a good place for them....... :angel:

My rendezvous with him appears dead in the water. Timing, heat etc. seem to have contrived to make it less that worth while. :-/
 
Django_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
When are you meeting in moab? I could possibly meet there as well on my way out to the rally.
Kenny, that would be fun. Tuesday 6/18 Roper and I plan to meet for lunch in Moab at the Moab Diner, right on Main St. (US 191).
See http://www.cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12712&pid=233232#pid233232
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus I would love to meet up with Django and would love to ride part of the BRP with him if I can arrange it.
Most of the cats that attack people/pets are young under 100 pound animals that are having a hard time killing the big game they normally live on ( deer, elk, sheep) and are starving. They haven't learned a fear of man yet and hunger is over riding their natural fear.
May be the first week of July would be best. Saturday 6/22 the West Coast Rally is over and I would head southeast to make it over to Blue Ridge, Georgia.

After the West Coast Rally I have 3 weeks left:
[ul] [li]the last week of June to transfer and meet A-man and Houtman,[/li] [li]the first week of July for more BRP, Smoky Mountains, etc with the ferret and possibly others,[/li] [li]the second week of July to make it up to New York, where I have to drop my bike at July 15 and get my flight back to Germany from JFK.
[/li][/ul]
Amazing how things start to fit together.
I'm not sure I will make the lunch yet, but I'll know by Monday night. Either way, I will be seeing you in Montrose.
 
Thread starter
Gentlemen, I'm just in Baker, finally getting internet access again. That can be difficult out in the wild here!

Yesterday I did Death Valley, quite hot out there. Dante's view was stunning.





Went thru Yosemite Valley and along Sonora pass, camped all the nights, really like it.

1a84a5cb48868950e0d956f13a7a6601.jpg


83e2bef1328ad54c2ec1f824283ca86f.jpg


See more pictures at http://www.1a-software.de/~rsz/bilder/190603_usa/

@Frulk: That CB looks seriously loaded! Hanksville? I thought me meet in Escalante?

Tires are illegal already. Good enough to roll these straight highways along to Utah, but that wouldn't be fun in the canyons of Utah...
Rboe_imp said:
I keep my tires on the rims. Seems like a good place for them....... :angel:

My rendezvous with him appears dead in the water. Timing, heat etc. seem to have contrived to make it less that worth while. :-/
Don't worry, will do it next time. :beerchug:
 
Back
Top