Ride across the USA

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Django can post a link to his Spot device so that we can follow his travels. He may have posted such a link, but I didn't see it.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I am glad that you arrived safely in our great country.
Great BIG country. Take your time and enjoy the trip. A lot of folks get hung up on making miles and end up not seeing much. But I know you have done your research and will see the sites. But try to meet the people, too. It's a pretty friendly place :thumbsup:
 
MTC, can anyone follow Django on Spot? If so, how?

Some of us are envious. One day, maybe ...
 
I think he can post a link to his spot account and there is or was away to post updates on Facebook or Twitter. I have a Spot Gen3, but haven’t used those features in a while. I’ll fiddle around with it and let you know what I find out
 
It looks like he can create a share page through findemespot.com. He may have already done so, but I haven't seen him post about it nor did he provide me with a link when he sent me his emergency contact info.

I just reactivated the one I had for my SS1000 ride. It's pretty easy to do. The interface isn't as pretty as Google Maps, but you can see where he's at in near real-time. Here's the link to mine just so you can see what it looks like. I have it set to show data for the last 7 days--since I was riding locally this last week, the points are all stacked together. Django's wouldn't be that way of course. http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0Vnz5RP3snvkGJqIFe0qIzGgnmePWpSWf
 
:thanks: again, MTC. That's pretty neat.
 
That is cool. I had a Spot years ago, the first version, it was orange, and the coverage was kind of 'spotty" lol
 
Thread starter
Hello my friends, this is another sign of life. I start in Wrightwood this morning, where I had a bed last night.

I'm having a great time but unfortunately not much time to be in the forum.

Pick up of the bike and getting it thru custom worked seamlessly last Monday, at 4 pm I was ready to take off at Delta Airline Freight Center.

Next stop was at the gas station, my creditcard is accepted. That's fine too.

Then I rode to Santa Monica to see the Pacific ocean. Was a little touristic crowed there. I continued to ride the old Topanga Canyon north and finally headed east to Glendale, to find my motel.

Wow, a lot of traffic there in L.A. But no problems.

Yesterday I rode the C 2, Angeles Crest Highway. That wos great. I did pictures but currently have no time to post them, will do that later.

I got my Spot device running and set up a page at SpotWalla, where you can follow my ride. The rider shows my last position.

Invalid Resource

It does not show my ride complete from the beginning and the timezone is wrong, but for now I hpe it is good enough, will fix that later.

That's all so far, have to pack and get riding again. Today I want to get up the Sout of the Sierra Nevada.
 
Awesome news Django. Glad things are going smoothly. I was worried for you in La (and again in New York) but it sounds like you are handling it fine (Better than I would lol)

Looking forward to future posts and reports.
 
Django i think if you maintain this level of reporting it will be worth to copy and paste the whole trip and save it in an office document for later including the comments, this is good stuff matey:thumbsup:
 
Just want to point out that Spotwalla allows the user to post his speed data, but Django appears to have not exercised that option. :biker:
 
I’d advise anyone riding in this country to make absolutely sure speed data was not recorded or able to be calculated.
 
Not worried about it myself. But then again, I don’t usually ride at speeds that would be of interest to anyone.
 
Holy crap! He's going the wrong way and if he isn't really careful he could :rofl: end up in BAKERSFIELD!!
 
Back
Top