Ride across the USA

Thread starter
This is the very rough idea:

3b30a28019a8f1ee4b723cbd5e891d75.png
 
Indeed. Expect detailed input for your Utah section this evening. If it’s ok with you I’d like to accompany you for part of it to give you the ‘off the beaten track’ version of Utah. Will also give me an opportunity to brush up on my Deutsch.
 
Thread starter
Errrrmm, I'm afraid, I cannot tell you exactly this evening. I'm far away from having an exact route, just a rough plan. I'll decide on the details, when I'm there, looking at a travel guide for tourist information and the map for interesting back country roads, then putting pieces together.

You could tell me, where I should go in Utah. I would happily take hints from local guides.
Frulk_imp said:
Indeed. Expect detailed input for your Utah section this evening. If it’s ok with you I’d like to accompany you for part of it to give you the ‘off the beaten track’ version of Utah. Will also give me an opportunity to brush up on my Deutsch.
That would be really great! :beerchug:
 
Django, this is the basis for a great ride. You're going to see a lot great stuff during your travels.

In the Alps, they have the infamous Haute Route. Based on your map, you'll definitely be on a Hot Route.
 
Django, I think Frulk was saying he would give you suggestions rather than asking you for detailed plans.

Looks like a great ride. I’m jealous.
 
No doubt about it, this is a dream type ride across gorgeous US regions & to be remembered forever, lucky you Dijango
:thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
No doubt about it, this is a dream type ride across gorgeous US regions & to be remembered forever, lucky you Dijango
:thumbsup:
An attainable dream PB. Just have to make the time for it. It will happen.
 
Django, I couldn't sleep last night, and so I wound up reading this entire post for the first time. I live in Western North Carolina, about 45 miles east of Asheville (close to Houtman), and about 25 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway (Little Switzerland). I'll plan to follow your posts about this trip, and when you get close to my part of the country, I'll definitely try and meet up for some riding. I'm also jealous, this will be a trip of a lifetime! Perhaps we can get a few other CB1100 riders to join, and make it sort of a mini-rally!
 
Thread starter
Step #1: get ESTA ... checked.
Step #2: book flight ... checked
The A-man_imp said:
Django, I couldn't sleep last night, and so I wound up reading this entire post for the first time. I live in Western North Carolina, about 45 miles east of Asheville (close to Houtman), and about 25 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway (Little Switzerland). I'll plan to follow your posts about this trip, and when you get close to my part of the country, I'll definitely try and meet up for some riding. I'm also jealous, this will be a trip of a lifetime! Perhaps we can get a few other CB1100 riders to join, and make it sort of a mini-rally!
Good idea! Looking forward to meet you.
 
Django, if you have some time, can you provide info about company/airlines you dealing with as far as bike shipment is concerned, please.
 
Thread starter
Peter, the booked flight is for myself.

However, concerning the motorcycle transport everything is planned already too.

This guy will ship my CBF: http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html

I had some more offers, but this was the best bargain and most comfortable. I'll drop the bike 2 weeks before travelling in Heidelberg, not far from my home, to pick it up in LA, when I arrive, ready to go.

Then I drop the bike near New York and catch my flight from New York back to Stuttgart. Then 2 weeks later I can pick up my bike in Heidelberg again. All together this will make around 3,400 Euro.
 
Django_imp said:
Peter, the booked flight is for myself.

However, concerning the motorcycle transport everything is planned already too.

This guy will ship my CBF: http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html

I had some more offers, but this was the best bargain and most comfortable. I'll drop the bike 2 weeks before travelling in Heidelberg, not far from my home, to pick it up in LA, when I arrive, ready to go.

Then I drop the bike near New York and catch my flight from New York back to Stuttgart. Then 2 weeks later I can pick up my bike in Heidelberg again. All together this will make around 3,400 Euro.
Very informative Django. Thank you.
 
I am very excited to follow along on your adventure. Most of us here in the US have the same dream but never get around to making the commitment. You will likely motivate others to get moving! I hope we can meet when you are on the eastern leg of the journey. I will follow your progress and see if I can get out to wherever you are at some point. And you are always welcome to our home if you wander a bit farther east.
 
Back
Top