the Ferret
Road warrior
great stuff Django
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

:biker:That's funny! My German/English dictionary translates "Pampa" as "The boondocks" or "The sticks". That would seem to be a pretty accurate name.Django_imp said:Yesterday I started out in Cuchara.
![]()
If you ever happen to be in that area, ride the scenic bypass highway 12 to Trinidad. It's well worth it if you like scenic and twisties.
![]()
![]()
![]()
After that the landscape became flat,
![]()
meeting a train,
![]()
even more flat.
![]()
In Germany we have a saying, if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are in "Pampa". Here we are:
![]()
Yesterday was highway day, riding thru those little morbid towns, partly abandoned. After staying the night at the KOA near Elk City, today was Interstate day and the Ozarks in the afternoon.
Near Oklahoma City the traffic get more crowded.
![]()
That's Oklahoma City
![]()
and after burning some more gas we enter Arkansas.
![]()
The Ozarks I really like! Lots of twisties and no speed limit beside the 55 miles. Arkansas seems not to pamper the traffic like they do in Colorado.
![]()
This night I stay in Kingston. Seems to have seen better times, too.
![]()
![]()
My Father was born in Pampa. I don't think it has changed much.Django_imp said:Yesterday I started out in Cuchara.
![]()
If you ever happen to be in that area, ride the scenic bypass highway 12 to Trinidad. It's well worth it if you like scenic and twisties.
![]()
![]()
![]()
After that the landscape became flat,
![]()
meeting a train,
![]()
even more flat.
![]()
In Germany we have a saying, if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are in "Pampa". Here we are:
![]()
Yesterday was highway day, riding thru those little morbid towns, partly abandoned. After staying the night at the KOA near Elk City, today was Interstate day and the Ozarks in the afternoon.
Near Oklahoma City the traffic get more crowded.
![]()
That's Oklahoma City
![]()
and after burning some more gas we enter Arkansas.
![]()
The Ozarks I really like! Lots of twisties and no speed limit beside the 55 miles. Arkansas seems not to pamper the traffic like they do in Colorado.
![]()
This night I stay in Kingston. Seems to have seen better times, too.
![]()
![]()







Interesting. If you had ridden from L.A. to Memphis via the shortest route, it would have been 1,792 miles. You've managed to extract almost 4,000 extra miles of fun with your route.Django_imp said:Some statistics this morning in Memphis:
9,228 km so far (5,735 miles)
overall pure riding time: 5 days 1 hour 36 minutes
average speed: 75.9 km/h
(not that I invest much into getting those numbers, I just noticed it at looking at my tracks and thought it might me worth a posting)

I'm curious. In what sense do you mean this? I don't fully grasp the observation.Django_imp said:Yesterday I started out in Cuchara.
![]()
If you ever happen to be in that area, ride the scenic bypass highway 12 to Trinidad. It's well worth it if you like scenic and twisties.
![]()
![]()
![]()
After that the landscape became flat,
![]()
meeting a train,
![]()
even more flat.
![]()
In Germany we have a saying, if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are in "Pampa". Here we are:
![]()
Yesterday was highway day, riding thru those little morbid towns, partly abandoned. After staying the night at the KOA near Elk City, today was Interstate day and the Ozarks in the afternoon.
Near Oklahoma City the traffic get more crowded.
![]()
That's Oklahoma City
![]()
and after burning some more gas we enter Arkansas.
![]()
The Ozarks I really like! Lots of twisties and no speed limit beside the 55 miles. Arkansas seems not to pamper the traffic like they do in Colorado.
![]()
This night I stay in Kingston. Seems to have seen better times, too.
![]()
![]()
I'm curious. In what sense do you mean this? I don't fully grasp the observation.Stichill_imp said:Looks like you saw some desolation on your way east, Django.
I'm curious. In what sense do you mean this? I don't fully grasp the observation.Django_imp said:Yesterday I started out in Cuchara.
![]()
If you ever happen to be in that area, ride the scenic bypass highway 12 to Trinidad. It's well worth it if you like scenic and twisties.
![]()
![]()
![]()
After that the landscape became flat,
![]()
meeting a train,
![]()
even more flat.
![]()
In Germany we have a saying, if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are in "Pampa". Here we are:
![]()
Yesterday was highway day, riding thru those little morbid towns, partly abandoned. After staying the night at the KOA near Elk City, today was Interstate day and the Ozarks in the afternoon.
Near Oklahoma City the traffic get more crowded.
![]()
That's Oklahoma City
![]()
and after burning some more gas we enter Arkansas.
![]()
The Ozarks I really like! Lots of twisties and no speed limit beside the 55 miles. Arkansas seems not to pamper the traffic like they do in Colorado.
![]()
This night I stay in Kingston. Seems to have seen better times, too.
![]()
![]()
i wonder if Django was confusing cautionary signs like this for the actual speed limit:Django_imp said:I'm curious. In what sense do you mean this? I don't fully grasp the observation.Stichill_imp said:Looks like you saw some desolation on your way east, Django.
I'm curious. In what sense do you mean this? I don't fully grasp the observation.Django_imp said:Yesterday I started out in Cuchara.
![]()
If you ever happen to be in that area, ride the scenic bypass highway 12 to Trinidad. It's well worth it if you like scenic and twisties.
![]()
![]()
![]()
After that the landscape became flat,
![]()
meeting a train,
![]()
even more flat.
![]()
In Germany we have a saying, if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are in "Pampa". Here we are:
![]()
Yesterday was highway day, riding thru those little morbid towns, partly abandoned. After staying the night at the KOA near Elk City, today was Interstate day and the Ozarks in the afternoon.
Near Oklahoma City the traffic get more crowded.
![]()
That's Oklahoma City
![]()
and after burning some more gas we enter Arkansas.
![]()
The Ozarks I really like! Lots of twisties and no speed limit beside the 55 miles. Arkansas seems not to pamper the traffic like they do in Colorado.
![]()
This night I stay in Kingston. Seems to have seen better times, too.
![]()
![]()
In Colorado there are much more speed limits before corners or along the passes. In Arkansas there is just 55 everywhere and you are more self responsible to find the right speed in the corners. There are only limits in the villages and neighborhoods. My observation.