Review Michelin Road 3's

You should be called the Innovator on here! whats next? the first TurboCB1100?
Thanks for the Report and these are going to be my next set as well.
 
Thread starter
lola_imp said:
You should be called the Innovator on here! whats next? the first TurboCB1100?
Thanks for the Report and these are going to be my next set as well.
Turbo, Hmmm maybe 160-180 HP Where would you put it it may stand out a bit :s

Lola,
The Michelin's are a good match. You'll notice a difference soon as you put them on. I saved my old tires to lay my new ones on for the ride home. The rear is rock hard, feels like there is still 20lbs of air after its dismounted.
 
What pressure are you running in the new tires. I ran 36 front and 42 rear in the Pilots on my Guzzi which weighs about the same as the CB1100.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
What pressure are you running in the new tires. I ran 36 front and 42 rear in the Pilots on my Guzzi which weighs about the same as the CB1100.
I run
34 front
38 rear
 
CIP57_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.

For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
 
Thread starter
Gypped_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.

For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
I went to the Michelin site and put in the tire size ( rear )and only come up with the PR 3's ???
 
I myself am a Michelin Man (feel like I look the part, anyway) and greatly look forward to getting those BTs off of my bike. That brand is permanently tarnished.

3aaa42478fbfff656798ee9b0317daad.jpg


I did notice that putting the CB1100 in the site's bike selector didn't net any results, so I never would have bought these without the recommendation here!
 
CIP57_imp said:
Gypped_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.

For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3's
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
I went to the Michelin site and put in the tire size ( rear )and only come up with the PR 3's ???
Well, their site is loading for me now, but keeps hanging whenever I try to do anything on it. It might be that they wouldn't fit on the rim due to size differences, or just that because they're an older model that Michelin doesn't list them. And I only found the PR2s listed in that size at a few places, so they might just be leftovers as well.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
I myself am a Michelin Man (feel like I look the part, anyway) and greatly look forward to getting those BTs off of my bike. That brand is permanently tarnished.

0934780614946e04571b5ef2317c500c.jpg


I did notice that putting the CB1100 in the site's bike selector didn't net any results, so I never would have bought these without the recommendation here!
LOL, that's why they are the spec tire for MotoGP! Every MotoGP bike MUST run Bridgestone tires, no other choice available. Don't know how Jorge and Marc put up with it!
 
To Bad Bridgestone is withdrawing from Motogp in 2016 and michelin is taking over. Motgp riders are having mix thoughts about the change though.
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Nice thread. Rear tire looks a lot better than stock. Looks a heck of a lot wider thanks for the good info.
Its .8" (less than 1/2 inch on each side) but has a different contour.
 
The rear Bridgestone on my CB is already quite flat spotted in the middle after only 3000 miles. I know that much blame rests with the nature of the roads here, many straights and few curves. When I switched to Michelin Pilot Road 2's on my Tiger 1050, the original rear tire was flat spotted to the point that it was having an effect on handling. When I sold the bike two years and 9000 miles later the rear Pilot 2 still had a couple thousand miles left in it and flat spotting was hardly noticeable. The dual compound Pilot 2 and 3 Michelins will wear longer in my experience with two previous bikes.
 
Back
Top