Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
CIP57_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:CIP57_imp said:
What sizes F and R did you end up installing ?
redbirds_imp said:Thanks much for the tire report. Pilot 3's are going on my bike next tire change.

Turbo, Hmmm maybe 160-180 HP Where would you put it it may stand out a bitlola_imp said:You should be called the Innovator on here! whats next? the first TurboCB1100?
Thanks for the Report and these are going to be my next set as well.

I runredbirds_imp said:What pressure are you running in the new tires. I ran 36 front and 42 rear in the Pilots on my Guzzi which weighs about the same as the CB1100.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'sCIP57_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'slola_imp said:Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.
For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'sGypped_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'sCIP57_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'slola_imp said:Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.
For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.
Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
Well, their site is loading for me now, but keeps hanging whenever I try to do anything on it. It might be that they wouldn't fit on the rim due to size differences, or just that because they're an older model that Michelin doesn't list them. And I only found the PR2s listed in that size at a few places, so they might just be leftovers as well.CIP57_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'sGypped_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'sCIP57_imp said:The pilot Road 2's are not available in 160/60/18, the only tire offered for our bikes from Michelin is the 3'slola_imp said:Cip is right that the BT54 rear is a heavy and stiff Tire. When I had a tire puncture It felt almost impossible to dismount the rear tire that I felt my tire irons were going to bend or the lip of the wheel.
For those who might not ride in wet weather could opt for the Pilot Road 2'S . Its Dual Compound like the 3'S without the Road 3'S X-sipe Technology.
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.
Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
I found a couple places online that offer the PR2 in the stock front size and 160/60/18 rear. I didn't check the price difference on the front tires, but it's about $35 cheaper for the PR2 rear at the sites I looked at. I found it at bikebandit and chaparral-racing, but for whatever reason I can't pull up Michelin's motorcycle site to make sure that it's a real size.
Thanks for being the guinea pig though, CIP57! I'd much rather put on the Pilot Roads than either stock tire, I had them on my Warrior and they made a HUGE difference in handling and feel. As well as lifespan - the OEM Warrior tires barely lasted 3.5k, the PR2s made it almost 9k apiece for 2 rears and 12k for the front.
I went to the Michelin site and put in the tire size ( rear )and only come up with the PR 3's ???
LOL, that's why they are the spec tire for MotoGP! Every MotoGP bike MUST run Bridgestone tires, no other choice available. Don't know how Jorge and Marc put up with it!shdwghst457_imp said:I myself am a Michelin Man (feel like I look the part, anyway) and greatly look forward to getting those BTs off of my bike. That brand is permanently tarnished.
![]()
I did notice that putting the CB1100 in the site's bike selector didn't net any results, so I never would have bought these without the recommendation here!