Retro Helmets

The Simpson isn't really a retro helmet per se. What they now call the Bandit has looked pretty much the same since the early 80s. My buddy had their black Model 30. We called it the Darth Vader helmet. Looks like the current version has fewer air vents up front, but the rest looks about the same.

Model 30
46f6a329471e0a5e935fb265fd7d6fe7.jpg
 
Grinton_imp said:
I had to look up Padova as I had never heard of it before now. It appears that in English we refer to it as Padua. The photos of Padova look beautiful! Welcome to the forum! If you haven't done so already, you might want to post a short introduction in the New Members section. Any photos of your motorcycle will be greatly appreciated by all.

That premier helmet looks great.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Grinton_imp said:
I had to look up Padova as I had never heard of it before now. It appears that in English we refer to it as Padua. The photos of Padova look beautiful! Welcome to the forum! If you haven't done so already, you might want to post a short introduction in the New Members section. Any photos of your motorcycle will be greatly appreciated by all.

That premier helmet looks great.
I had to look up Padova as I had never heard of it before now. It appears that in English we refer to it as Padua. The photos of Padova look beautiful! Welcome to the forum! If you haven't done so already, you might want to post a short introduction in the New Members section. Any photos of your motorcycle will be greatly appreciated by all.

That premier helmet looks great. Ok. Make it. Thanks metallyguitarded.
 
I generally wear a Schuberth modular, but when I'm just going for a local ride along the beach, or a summer backroad run on one of the vintage bikes, I'll wear the Davida Jet and Halcyon goggle setup. But I wanted a full face modern helmet with a retro '70's vibe, and picked this one up...Bell Vortex in the Band Black graphic. A good deal at $179 - 10% dealer discount, and while it's a modern full- face, I think the groovy graphics go well with the CB and Bonneville.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/helmets/street/vortex
 
Belatedly, Ferret, thanks for the link to the helmet article. A really interesting read. I've previously posted a link to a site in the UK that does tests of helmets. I've been surprised when looking at it that some of the best-performing helmets are I expensive.
 
Funny. I remember thinking, "That looks like something the Stig would wear," when I first saw the white Simpson. I haven't watched Top Gear in a while and didn't realize (consciously, at least) that he in fact wears one.
 
That's really cool jsinher3! I can't see myself wearing it but I sure would love to see someone else ride by with it on. Did you take those pictures? I'm wondering what kind of place that is with helmets displayed like that. Art studio?
 
Back
Top