Repaint like 1970-71 CB750 Pics

Artie_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Any recommended painters to do tank,side covers, head lite ears
Anyone got pics of it done
Whitehouse Samurai beautiful but just too expensive
Thanks in advance
 
You can get the paint codes from Honda. Any reputable auto painter should be able to do a fine job, and you can find replica stripe kits on eBay. The original CB750K0's had a non-locking fuel cap, which was subsequently recalled as a safety hazard. It might be difficult to replicate that on your CB1100.
 
I have seen several painted old style. I think Alprider has one which looks great.

Our bikes don't have ears per se

I bought a color matched headlight bucket from Samurider, and chrome instrument cup covers and Kawasaki W650 gaiters.
 
Check out a posting by member Brougham79 from 7-15-2015...he sent Craig his dented tank....Craig fixed the dent , removed the round Honda Wing emblems, painted the tank and installed HONDA letter emblems (to be supplied by the customer....get them on EBay) all for $800!
Here is the finished tank
I think I have the painters info....let me check
Precision motorcycle painting.com.....Craig, South Bend , Indiana. Look at his gallery, he has done some beautiful work. If your tank doesn’t have any dents it will be less than $800 .....you could send him your tank, both side covers, headlight bucket, and stock headlight brackets. Add Kawasaki gaiters and these side cover emblems from france( on eBay for $80 delivered, they are metal) and you will have a bike people will be hounding you with questions over!
Metal emblems...set of 4
Metal emblems...set of 4
 
That looks really good. The early CB750's had chrome trim running along the bottom edge of the tank. I bet you could find some universal chrome trim at an auto parts store and lay it in there.
 
Thanks Goldoxide....I masked off the side cover and painted the CB1100 emblem flat black.....then I bought 3mm black Allen head bolts and drilled the emblems and bolted them on. The emblems wouldn’t lay flat due to the curvature of the deluxe side covers. I sent a set to Takeshi to give to WHITEHOUSE to put on my K10 red sidecovers, but they couldn’t install them without the ends not laying flat. On the WHITEHOUSE 1100 Four emblems the “1100” part is a decal and I wanted all metal emblems. So I’ll have to drill another set.
 
That whitehouse tank is awesome, but imo....
it would also require the whitehouse side panels to fill in gaps, and also their seat which matches the tank's lower line perfectly. And, that seat just might interfere w/the OE back tail light, so you may need their custom tail light as well for clearance. The way I see it, you have to go all the way w/ whitehouse. If you do ala-carte, it just don't work.

Desert Viper:
Big thanks for posting up the painter's info. Your testimonial carries alot of weight when it comes to
retro paint jobs for our bikes.
 
Thanks Jedd....you’re right I think if you’re going to get the whitehouse tank then you really should get their side covers and seat....my kit would have been on by now if I didn’t have rotator cuff surgery...anyway I’m installing the OUTEX tubeless tire kits on the spoked rims I bought from Takeshi (off his personal bike...Half price from new!) then I’m going to finally put my kit on.
 
Nice looking R1200R

Also the Whitehouse kit ... Two thimbs up
 
It's stunning Desert viper.
 
Thanks Cormanus....my tires will be mounted on these soon and I’m still trying to get these Endurance Racing pipes from Japan....to me they sound identical to a stock CB750
 
Back
Top