Removing bar end mirrors - need advice

Thanks Cormanus! I didn’t see it in the list. Or missed it :(
 
The brass piece you see is part of an internally expanding 2-piece "clamp" set. You should be able to loosen it by sliding the outer bolt through the brass piece and engaging the threads on the inner piece. Give it a light tap, and it should all loosen enough to be gently slid out.

As Popgun and Cormanus have shown above, there are quite a few pieces to the stock bar end - it bolts to a rubber-mounted weight that has clips that hold it into the bar.
 
When I bought my '13 it had a whole non-OEM handlebar and levers set up with bar-end mirrors that a PO had put on. I took those off, added OEM mirrors, which I don't like and plan to exchange. I cobbled up a mount put one of the bar-end mirrors on my bicycle. Works OK.
 
Back
Top