Removing badges from side panels

pechorin75_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So I'm thinking about removing the "CB1100" badges from my side panels. After a quick Photoshop job, I think I like it better that way.

Has anybody else done this? If so, any suggestions on how to best go about it?

I'm assuming that I can buy some kind of adhesive and put them back on if I change my mind...
 
pechorin75_imp said:
So I'm thinking about removing the "CB1100" badges from my side panels. After a quick Photoshop job, I think I like it better that way.

Has anybody else done this? If so, any suggestions on how to best go about it?

I'm assuming that I can buy some kind of adhesive and put them back on if I change my mind...
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:
 
Thread starter
Excellent...thanks for the help, guys. Sounds pretty straightforward.

You want Ohlins yellow on the springs? I should be able to mock that up for you pretty quickly.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
A little heat and they will peel right off. You can also use fishing line to slide under it and cut the adhesive. I wouldn't try to reuse them though, get these $30. Better looking
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18435
I'm sure fishing line works well, but I use dental floss for this -- I've found Colgate brand floss is thinnest and slickest for getting under the adhesive.
 
Thread starter
Honda Lover_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
So I'm thinking about removing the "CB1100" badges from my side panels. After a quick Photoshop job, I think I like it better that way.

Has anybody else done this? If so, any suggestions on how to best go about it?

I'm assuming that I can buy some kind of adhesive and put them back on if I change my mind...
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:


Here you go. It's a little sloppy, but ought to give you the basic idea.


Honda Lover_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:
[url=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/sar11001/media/2014-03/671EC1C3-6F7D-4ADC-81FC-18C8B51A88EB_zpshtd4k2a2.jpg.html]
I actually got the idea after noticing that the badges were removed from the bike in the sample photos for the K&H seats. Thought it gave it a cleaner look.

 
pechorin75_imp said:
Honda Lover_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
So I'm thinking about removing the "CB1100" badges from my side panels. After a quick Photoshop job, I think I like it better that way.

Has anybody else done this? If so, any suggestions on how to best go about it?

I'm assuming that I can buy some kind of adhesive and put them back on if I change my mind...
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:


Here you go. It's a little sloppy, but ought to give you the basic idea.


Honda Lover_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:
[url=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/sar11001/media/2014-03/671EC1C3-6F7D-4ADC-81FC-18C8B51A88EB_zpshtd4k2a2.jpg.html]
I actually got the idea after noticing that the badges were removed from the bike in the sample photos for the K&H seats. Thought it gave it a cleaner look.



Here you go. It's a little sloppy, but ought to give you the basic idea.


Honda Lover_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
Ack-CB11 is spot on using a hair dryer. First, I advise taking a photo and quick placement measurements before you take the logo off so it will be easier to reapply should you decide later. From experience, a hair dryer will most definitely work. Take your time. First, aim the hair dryer on the logo for a minute or so to heat it up, making sure to move it back & forth across the whole logo. Then, place your finger at an end of the logo while aiming the hair dryer near the same end and gently lift the logo up. Keep moving the hair dryer in front of your finger along the logo as you slowly peel it up and away. Use a light microfiber and some mild detergent soap to remove any residue from the glue. In terms of re-applying, you can either use a light weight adhesive or new OEM logos are available from Babbitts House of Honda. (Recall less than $20 with shipping?). They are "peel n stick." I seem to remember someone on this forum who removed the logo on a cafe racer project and posted a photo. That would give you additional ideas how it will look if you want more in addition to photo shop. Speaking of photo shop, I would pay to have someone fill in the rear shock springs in yellow on my bike? I'm considering but not sure:
[url=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/sar11001/media/2014-03/671EC1C3-6F7D-4ADC-81FC-18C8B51A88EB_zpshtd4k2a2.jpg.html]
I actually got the idea after noticing that the badges were removed from the bike in the sample photos for the K&H seats. Thought it gave it a cleaner look.
You call it photoshop but I think your a magician. Thank you my friend! That's quite impressive! I greatly appreciate you taking the time.
 
I think they are magicians too. Cool skill to have.

I told my wife while watching a commercial the other night these computer guys could convince you that ANYTHING is real.
 
If you are simply going to remove the emblems, take a hair dryer and heat the emblem first to soften the adhesive backing. Then take some fishing line in both hands and run the line beneath the emblem moving side to side. This will cut the double sided tape holding the emblem in place. Then use some adhesive remover and soft cloth and a hair dryer to removed the remaining adhesive on the panel. follow with a good coat of wash and polish with a soft cloth.

if you ever decide to reapply the emblems, you can clean the back side of the emblems with adhesive remover and then use some double sided emblem tape for automobiles. New emblems can also be ordered and they are relatively inexpensive.
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
If you are simply going to remove the emblems, take a hair dryer and heat the emblem first to soften the adhesive backing. Then take some fishing line in both hands and run the line beneath the emblem moving side to side. This will cut the double sided tape holding the emblem in place. Then use some adhesive remover and soft cloth and a hair dryer to removed the remaining adhesive on the panel. follow with a good coat of wash and polish with a soft cloth.

if you ever decide to reapply the emblems, you can clean the back side of the emblems with adhesive remover and then use some double sided emblem tape for automobiles. New emblems can also be ordered and they are relatively inexpensive.
So I'm guessing that a reciprocating saw is NOT the way to go... :P
 
Back
Top