reduced waves this weekend - cause for concern?

Blockhead_imp said:
I wave at everyone I see on a motorcycle, bicycle, tricycle, Big Wheel....You'd think I'm running for mayor...I don't really care who waves back, I'm just glad to be on my bike while smiling like a butcher's dog. :D
I wave at bicycles as often as it is safe to do so, usually after passing them in the same direction and giving 'em plenty of room (I rode for years myself). However, don't expect them to wave back; taking a hand off the bars is pretty dangerous with a contact patch the size of a dime.

There is no brotherhood of man, nor motorcyclists. There are just men and motorcycles and no cause for alarm if not all of them are comrades (the men, not the motorcycles).
 
:biker: :hello: :biker:
 
I get more waves if I dress like a pirate, look like I am bored, and also look like I was forced to ride. The truth is here in PA you do not have to wear anything. So i just assume the bugs have damaged they eyes and the vibration has the same affect as shaking a baby. They can't wave they are just hanging on hoping to find their way home. :D:D:D
 
I saw a wave almost kill me and a buddy of mine so be careful..

On a rally in Ohio a number of years ago.. Dude a number of bikes ahead of us in line waved at some on coming bikers, and they turned their heads back to look, and almost ran into us, as they drifted over the double yellow..

The side note is that he had a number of different waves dependent upon what kinda bike you were on and whether or not you waved back..

The moral of the story is that if you wave at Beamer riders, and they don't wave back.. If you then stand on your pegs and snap the nazi salute (you know one arm straight out, fingers extended, Palm down), you can possibly cause an accident..
 
Did you ever think that maybe the Harley guy is a newer rider with less experience and is afraid to let go for the brief second. Anyway, I'm on both sides of the fence. Have a Harley and a Honda. I find Harley riders are much more in tune with the culture of respecting other riders and waving back then the young sport bike crowd which grew up playing video games in their mom's basement and probably still are. I wave to everyone, sometimes even at triple digits. It doesn't have to be some big wave like the Queen of England, just a slight gesture. I've been on my Harley and subject to A $$***E sport bike kids doing unsafe high speed passes and wheelies next to me so don't blame a Harley rider if he chooses to decline a wave from anything that even resembles a sport bike. Most harley guys ride in safe formations on group rides following rules of the road unlike some groups of sport bike riders I've seem doing tricks and riding like hooligans. This doesn't really pertain to our CB1100 and what a majority of us stand for but they don't know from a distance what's behind the helmet.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Harley rides here never wave to a non Harley rider but you can get their attention by passing them at 180kph.
 
I never let go The Handlebar I actually just raised my fingers leaving my thumb around the grip and that's all they get. If a peace sign wave to won't do, it don't do.
 
I wave to everyone. I also ride a 650 Burgman. You should see the 1/2 Wave or "give me my wave back" , when they see it is a scooter. I don't know why you do not Wave back and I do not care.
 
Most days I wave at everyone one else out on a bike. Sometimes the other guy beats me to it. Sometimes I get a wave back. Sometimes I get no response at all. Occasionally I've missed a wave or didn't notice it in time to respond in kind. Other times I might be in a situation that doesn't allow me to wave — then I might simply nod. I haven't noticed any perceived difference in responses whether I'm on my CB1100 or my Hawk GT. Basically, it seems like the majority of riders around here wave regardless of what they happen to be riding.

To summarize: some guys wave, some don't. I usually do, but not always. In the overall scheme of things I don't tend to think about all that much until I see a thread like this one, lol.
 
Totally agree, wave all you want. Sometimes you get one back and sometimes you dont, oh well. Has nothing to do with the ride to me. Their are different attitudes in all classes of motorcycle riding. Some thjnk they are in the sons of anarchey fantasy world and some think they are in the fast and furious movies. Guys with our bike usually have been arojnd the block for a while and see past all that. I own a Harley but do laugh at the guys who dress up like pirates and think they just earned a bad as@ patch for buying a 883 sportster but to each their own. I do understand why people sometimes dont bother and im ok with it. Sometimes im like sorry dude just forgot to wave to you, dont have a melt down now. Lol.
quail_imp said:
I get more waves if I dress like a pirate, look like I am bored, and also look like I was forced to ride. The truth is here in PA you do not have to wear anything. So i just assume the bugs have damaged they eyes and the vibration has the same affect as shaking a baby. They can't wave they are just hanging on hoping to find their way home. :D:D:D
Now now, bashing Harleys just a bit? I must say, my Ultra is a very fine built machine.
Tezza_imp said:
Harley rides here never wave to a non Harley rider but you can get their attention by passing them at 180kph.
Funny thing is my Ultra has a higher top end then my CB1100 and the 110 CVOs have much more than that. My XR1200 had even more than that and a V rod would destroy them all so I dont think our CBs are really going to impress anyone in that department, especially with a speed limiter of 112mph which seems more like 109-110 on mine. Plenty of Harleys can pass us no problem. I love my Honda but its not a speed demon. Excellent build quality and looks though.
 
I wave at everything on two wheels and just about half of those on two legs (I think you know which half). I do wave at trikes, too, but not those Slingshots unless they wave at me first. Occasionally, I will wave at Jeeps, but that's because I have a Jeep and am in the habit of this. It gets a laugh from my wife when she is riding behind me.
 
I wave at scooters and the riders usually look shocked that someone actually waved at them.
 
Just got in from a 67 mile ride and during that ride received a wave from a fellow rider (who just happened to be on a Harley). Yes we were the only motorcycles out (that I saw anyway) because it was of course raining, as it has every days for weeks lol, and is predicted to do for the next 4 days as well. Anyhow the big difference was, I was wearing helmet, rain resistant cordura jacket and water proof gloves. He was wearing a hoodie pulled up so tight that only a small circle of his face showed thru and no gloves. Got to give the guy credit he was riding in some pretty miserable conditions. He deserved a wave. Guess he felt the same.
 
Back
Top