Red Welts on Corbin Seat

Gentlemen,

The sides of a Corbin seat art synthetic material but the seating surface is genuine leather. It's cooler, more comfortable, and doesn't make you sweat like a Naugahyde seat would. The downside is that in rain the leather will absorb moisture and a Corbin seat should be covered or removed when you wash the bike. I put the stock seat on my bike before washing it to keep my Corbin seat dry.

Chip
 
Thread starter
I always buy the ALL vinyl Corbin seats, water proof and hardly any up keep.
On some of my bikes they were 25 years old and looked like new.
This seat has the tomato red piping on it and has about 1500 miles on it.
Having 4 bikes they each get 25 % of my riding miles.
When I got the 2014 Corbin seat without the flap I just swap them over and do not use this one any more.
On the stock seat I used to slide forward and on the Corbin seat you can slide back and get the support of the passenger part.
I think that overall the seat height is the same.
 
Thread starter
They are Ohlins with chrome springs and a the next higher spring "strength" because of my weight of 225 lbs (naked!)
I paid $850 for them locally from Fastbikeindustries.
A local guy whom rebuilds Ohlins shocks for road and racing.
This is all near the Ohlins head quarters in Hendersonville NC.
 
Houtman_imp said:
They are Ohlins with chrome springs and a the next higher spring "strength" because of my weight of 225 lbs (naked!)
I paid $850 for them locally from Fastbikeindustries.
A local guy whom rebuilds Ohlins shocks for road and racing.
This is all near the Ohlins head quarters in Hendersonville NC.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top