Rectangular Chrome Mirrors for CB1100?

That's an very short stem on that mirror. Even with the long stem on the CB1100 EX mirrors all I could see was the elbows of my jacket. I had to add my Moto Werk mirror extenders to see anything behind me.
 
Round mirrors may look better due to the bikes round headlight and indicators. Sometimes changing the shape of just one part can make it stand out as an add on rather than nicely integrated component.
 
Aussie Flyer hit the nail on the head...Huge round headlight, a style popular up until the late 70's mixed with rectangular mirrors from the 80's seems a mixed appearance bag. Of course this is just an opinion and shouldn't keep you from making your ride YOUR ride. I'm always surprised by how many people change out the mirrors from stock because they are as vibration free as any set I've ever had on a bike and anything shorter for me and I couldn't see around my shoulders
 
Frulk_imp said:
Aussie Flyer hit the nail on the head...Huge round headlight, a style popular up until the late 70's mixed with rectangular mirrors from the 80's seems a mixed appearance bag. Of course this is just an opinion and shouldn't keep you from making your ride YOUR ride. I'm always surprised by how many people change out the mirrors from stock because they are as vibration free as any set I've ever had on a bike and anything shorter for me and I couldn't see around my shoulders
I like my rectangular ones far more than stock rounds (looked like a bicycle to me) :)
 
Thread starter
slevin_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Aussie Flyer hit the nail on the head...Huge round headlight, a style popular up until the late 70's mixed with rectangular mirrors from the 80's seems a mixed appearance bag. Of course this is just an opinion and shouldn't keep you from making your ride YOUR ride. I'm always surprised by how many people change out the mirrors from stock because they are as vibration free as any set I've ever had on a bike and anything shorter for me and I couldn't see around my shoulders
I like my rectangular ones far more than stock rounds (looked like a bicycle to me) :)
I like my rectangular ones far more than stock rounds (looked like a bicycle to me) :)

Where did you get your rectangular mirrors?
Can you please add pictures?
Thanks
 
Got 'em already with the bike from the previous owner. Will pop down to garage today to take some pics and details.
 
My CB750 has stock rectangular chrome mirrors and a big round headlight. Fortunately, the stems are long enough to provide a good view behind me. I was considering buying some of the CB750 mirrors for the CB11, but the lollipops have kind of grown on me.

bdf8fdc061af70b6c08946436b09669a.jpg
 
I have always preferred the view from a rectangular mirror, aside from the stock Lolipops reminding me of a 1970s Kawasaki KZ900 mirror. As some have pointed out, the rectangular mirror pictured at the beginning of this thread is probably too short to give a good view. So, here is a link to a PDF for the 2017 Emgo Mirror Catalog: http://www.emgo.com/images/pdf/2017MIRROR.pdf . Each mirror is pictured with the Emgo part number, but also the Honda OEM part number. The mirror pictured at the bottom of page 14 lists Honda part numbers 88210-MBZ-K00 & 88220-MBZ-K00 ( left and right ), as well as at the top of page 16 ( same mirror, different application). These mirrors were used on many Honda bikes including the CB1100F, and is as close to the stem height and angle of the Lolipop mirrors as anyone will ever get. This can be seen by comparing measurements to the stock Lolipop mirror listed on the bottom of page 20. The thread is 10mm and screws right in, re-using the stock mount, lock nut, and rubber boot. The only catch is that the stems on the stock Lolipops are about 13mm stepped down for the 10mm thread, whereas the Honda rectangle mirrors are 10mm stem with 10mm thread. This means that using the stock rubber boot, there is a small gap around the stem at the top of the boot, but it is not obvious unless one knows to look for it. It still works just fine to cover the mount and lock nut, does not move around, and the view from the rectangles is greatly improved over the lolipops in my opinion. The mirrors can be ordered through Honda for about $15 each, and have the same Honda OEM manufacturer stamp "Ken-Sean" as the stock Lolipops. Eventually I may track down some different rubber boots, but it is not a priority at the moment as the stock boots look fine and do the job. Pictures attached, and hope the members find this info useful.
 
Back
Top