Rear Fender Elimination.

Thread starter
First I made a cardboard template of the space under the seat.
4e6f07ca83cab202e66f58b5f9dfd498.jpg

41cfcc585bea09ba70c2ef6dba736729.jpg

a32e57a7bc7e8a77b049d772fbf72e7b.jpg

I decided to make the prototype out of plastic. I found a black plastic concrete mixing tub and cut out the shape
3726e0eb1037fde4b93a0df8d2765eca.jpg

72da353e681418c370821165b872f002.jpg



Next, when I get home from Cleveland, I will screw it in and cut the hole for the wires. Eventually I am going to make this out of aluminum or thicker more flexible plastic.
 
silascopathic_imp said:
First I made a cardboard template of the space under the seat.
4e6f07ca83cab202e66f58b5f9dfd498.jpg

41cfcc585bea09ba70c2ef6dba736729.jpg

a32e57a7bc7e8a77b049d772fbf72e7b.jpg

I decided to make the prototype out of plastic. I found a black plastic concrete mixing tub and cut out the shape
3726e0eb1037fde4b93a0df8d2765eca.jpg

72da353e681418c370821165b872f002.jpg



Next, when I get home from Cleveland, I will screw it in and cut the hole for the wires. Eventually I am going to make this out of aluminum or thicker more flexible plastic.
Good job!
 
Very nice!

If you end up making it out of a tougher plastic and figure out a way to mount that integrated tail light, I'll be completely in awe because that's something I could do with just a dremel and some a few other tools!
 
He's just personalizing HIS CB 1100. ;)
 
I can understand Team Bob's comment. I'm a pretty much leave it stock guy, with just a few accessories added. So it kills me to see things like this.

Then I realize that variety is the spice of life and I enjoy seeing what other people can do. And thank goodness they can do it or we might all be riding the exact same bike designed in 1903!
 
silascopathic,

Have up seen this rear fender on japan.webike.com? It comes chrome, black, or unpainted with two different sized tail lights. Samurider.com also has it. I think I'm going to go this route myself.
 
mustakoira_imp said:
silascopathic,

Have up seen this rear fender on japan.webike.com? It comes chrome, black, or unpainted with two different sized tail lights. Samurider.com also has it. I think I'm going to go this route myself.
I like!
 
Thread starter
yes i have. I honestly may do just that in black.. We will see. I will keep all you guyus posted. I havent given up on my project though, I just dont have my wheels back on yet. I would like to have the rear wheel back on before I start making brackets for the tail light
 
Back
Top