Rear brakes... what I did wrong and where to go now?

Bob, some lint traps are removable for cleaning and some you just get the lint out. Post a pic of yours and we’ll tell you how to clean it. :P

Mine is removable. Step 1. put hand on handle.

2. retract arm and pull lint trap out.

3. remove lint

4. replace trap. Done. :D
 
What Houtman said! :thumbsup:

Just having fun :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Lint removed thanks to all the help from y'all. I was confused for a bit because no one told me that I first had to open the dryer door to access the lint filter, but after reviewing several You Tube videos, I worked it out. :P:thumbsup::banana: Also found my red sock.
In other news, I took a short ride to see if I got the brakes right and I gotta say, it made a huge difference. I hadn't realized how much braking power I had lost over time. Before I could pretty much stand on the peddle without more than a bit of braking. Now I can lock'em up without too much effort. But they aren't grabby or anything untoward. I am quite pleased.
Thanks again, team. I owe everyone a hug. :beerchug:
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lint removed thanks to all the help from y'all. I was confused for a bit because no one told me that I first had to open the dryer door to access the lint filter, but after reviewing several You Tube videos, I worked it out. :P:thumbsup::banana: Also found my red sock.
In other news, I took a short ride to see if I got the brakes right and I gotta say, it made a huge difference. I hadn't realized how much braking power I had lost over time. Before I could pretty much stand on the peddle without more than a bit of braking. Now I can lock'em up without too much effort. But they aren't grabby or anything untoward. I am quite pleased.
Thanks again, team. I owe everyone a hug. :beerchug:
See, if I'd been around earlier, I wouldn't have told you to open the door. The lint filter on our drier is accessed with the door closed.

You've done well all round, Bob. :beerchug:
 
Bob, How many miles were on those pads?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Bob, How many miles were on those pads?
From new, so seven years and 18k miles. The pad on the right side was down to almost nothing. The left side was much less worn so obviously there was a problem with the caliper sliding properly. I got my state safety inspection a couple of weeks ago and the fellow pointed out the problem. So I guess safety inspections are a good thing! Plus, he passed me in exchange for the promise of a prompt fix. :thumbsup:
Houtman_imp said:
As you notice from Bob and others : humor is the best medicine !
In these dark times, one must keep it light :)
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Bob, How many miles were on those pads?
From new, so seven years and 18k miles. The pad on the right side was down to almost nothing. The left side was much less worn so obviously there was a problem with the caliper sliding properly. I got my state safety inspection a couple of weeks ago and the fellow pointed out the problem. So I guess safety inspections are a good thing! Plus, he passed me in exchange for the promise of a prompt fix. :thumbsup:
Houtman_imp said:
As you notice from Bob and others : humor is the best medicine !
In these dark times, one must keep it light :)
For those with a taste for British humour, a fine example of keeping it light in dark times may be found here.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Bob, How many miles were on those pads?
From new, so seven years and 18k miles. The pad on the right side was down to almost nothing. The left side was much less worn so obviously there was a problem with the caliper sliding properly. I got my state safety inspection a couple of weeks ago and the fellow pointed out the problem. So I guess safety inspections are a good thing! Plus, he passed me in exchange for the promise of a prompt fix. :thumbsup:
Houtman_imp said:
As you notice from Bob and others : humor is the best medicine !
In these dark times, one must keep it light :)
For those with a taste for British humour, a fine example of keeping it light in dark times may be found here.

For those with a taste for British humour, a fine example of keeping it light in dark times may be found [url=https://lettersofnote.com/2009/10/28/we-all-feel-like-that-now-and-then/]here.
Thanks for the pick-me-up. :thumbsup:
I've been reading In a Sunburned Country again. I look forward to better times when travel isn't a death-defying stunt. Here's to it! :beerchug:
 
Not sure that you could read a better guide to Oz.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Not sure that you could read a better guide to Oz.
I must have read it five times over the years. I love his style. Better are his books on tape because he reads them himself and his voice and interpretation are unparalleled. Brilliant. I want him to do my eulogy :P
 
Back
Top