Rear Axle Torque?

JustPassinThru_imp

Been there
Thread starter
This has probably been noted before; but my search isn't finding it.

It's time to snug up the chain a little bit. It's all pretty straightforward - EXCEPT torquing the axle bolts down.

Since I have a poor feel, I use a torque wrench on EVERYTHING.

Thanks to one and all for input.
 
I cant remember if you have a 13 or 14

13s are 83 ft lbs, 14 s are 65ft lbs ( at least the dlx, not sure anout 14 std)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I cant remember if you have a 13 or 14

13s are 83 ft lbs, 14 s are 65ft lbs ( at least the dlx, not sure anout 14 std)
It's a 2014.

65 ft-lbs. Good.

Now, all I have to do is remember to loosen them before trying to adjust the chain with the positioners - or I'll strip them out like Pirsig did.
 
Back
Top