Wisedrum
Road warrior
Autsch, that hurts!
Wisedrum
Wisedrum
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I was surprized when they shows bare hands while doing chain maintenance. I assume the chemicals in chain cleaners and lubes are not good for one's health. I dust my hands with baby powder and wear inexpensive nitrate gloves. That keeps my hands clean and safe from sprayed chemicals.The ferret_imp said:The CB 1100 comes with one of two types of chain. DID or RK (mine is an RK) Here's what the mfg of the chain suggests for maintenance
http://global.rk-japan.co.jp/products/technical-report/maintenance/
Here is what DID advises
http://www.didchain.com/chainMaintenance.html
I believe these recommendations are echoed by Honda in your owners manual only I believe I read Honda suggests 80 wt gear oil as a lubricant (been 4 years since I opened my owners manual so that could be wrong)
My personal maintenance was a bit less than what they all recommend. When it looks dry or gets noisy or after I've ridden in the rain, I lube it. I currently have 35,469 miles on my chain, but have a new RK chain and sprockets on hand ready to install or have installed one of these days. (Can't believe what a chain and sprockets costs these days)
I lost my taste for beer when I discovered wine. We only use beer for marinating spare ribs. It softens, moistens and adds a slight taste to them.Cormanus_imp said:A carefully deconstructed cardboard beer carton laid under the rear wheel and chain is a simple and effective protector for the garage floor. A bonus is emptying said box for use. :beerchug:
Cormanus_imp said::rofl: You probably drink enough tea to cover the floor with the little tabs attached to the string!
That is funny !LongRanger_imp said:Too funny!
I just park in my neighbor's driveway and lube it there...
Cormanus_imp said:I'm thinking about whether to use my moderator's powers to remove that offensive image Stichill.
However, it occurs to me that those who want a 'like' button already have one.![]()
