Random Pics with GPS

Nano Tech_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
My First Pics on the forum , Some random Snaps after the oil change :-

421669acbe258176f228605452c7fea0.jpg

74c4650d95f2709ceaaa4fa1ce8baffb.jpg

0e8b0e7991795cc3d478599b04de7ff2.jpg
 
Nano Tech_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
Nice. what's the big rectangular device above the handlebar ?
Hi Furious" Thanks...." , The rectangular device is the GPS ...... ....
Hi Furious" Thanks...." , The rectangular device is the GPS ...... ....
I'm an old fashioned guy and still use paper maps, there's something 'vacationy' about opening up the old map.

One time when I really wished I had GPS though was almost 10 years ago when I rented err.. 'hired' a Yamaha Diversion 900 in London and intended to head out of town on the 'A40'.. I was hunting around in horrible traffic for over an hour and nearly broke down in tears when I realized that I was going around in circles.. arghhh.. I eventually found it but man, GPS would have saved me a lot of grief !
 
Thread starter
furious_blue_imp said:
Nano Tech_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
Nice. what's the big rectangular device above the handlebar ?
Hi Furious" Thanks...." , The rectangular device is the GPS ...... ....
Hi Furious" Thanks...." , The rectangular device is the GPS ...... ....
I'm an old fashioned guy and still use paper maps, there's something 'vacationy' about opening up the old map.

One time when I really wished I had GPS though was almost 10 years ago when I rented err.. 'hired' a Yamaha Diversion 900 in London and intended to head out of town on the 'A40'.. I was hunting around in horrible traffic for over an hour and nearly broke down in tears when I realized that I was going around in circles.. arghhh.. I eventually found it but man, GPS would have saved me a lot of grief !
Hi Furious" Thanks...." , The rectangular device is the GPS ...... ....
I'm an old fashioned guy and still use paper maps, there's something 'vacationy' about opening up the old map.

One time when I really wished I had GPS though was almost 10 years ago when I rented err.. 'hired' a Yamaha Diversion 900 in London and intended to head out of town on the 'A40'.. I was hunting around in horrible traffic for over an hour and nearly broke down in tears when I realized that I was going around in circles.. arghhh.. I eventually found it but man, GPS would have saved me a lot of grief !
Yes Furious....A GPS is a must for me ... makes life a whole lot easier...Fixing and making the connection in the new CB11 was a piece of cake .So why not ???I ll also advice you to try it out some time...I bet you will forget the paper maps .....

Cheers!!!!!!!
 
Title was misleading...did not know you were referring to photos or pictures with the word "snaps" :-)
My Garmin Edge 800 bicycle works on the CB handlebars too, but I usually just go where the road takes me and like to explore on my motorcycle.
 
My GPS is getting off the bike and looking at my smart phone and trying to figure out where we are. That usually occurs an hour or two after getting good and lost on backroads. Especially when you end up at the same rural intersection from 4 different directions.

I bought a handlebar mounted phone carrier but don't trust it on the bumpy dirt and gravel roads my wife and I invariably end up on.
 
Paper maps and a dumb phone here ...man, I'm old lol. Several times on my trip to the smokies I pulled out the ol paper map, unfolded it over the seat and picked a road to take.

i did put a GPS on my ST 1300 for my recent trip out west, but mainly so I could located gas and motels. Didn't use it for general directions.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Paper maps and a dumb phone here ...man, I'm old lol. Several times on my trip to the smokies I pulled out the ol paper map, unfolded it over the seat and picked a road to take.

i did put a GPS on my ST 1300 for my recent trip out west, but mainly so I could located gas and motels. Didn't use it for general directions.
What kind of GPS is that?
 
Thread starter
n1n0_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Paper maps and a dumb phone here ...man, I'm old lol. Several times on my trip to the smokies I pulled out the ol paper map, unfolded it over the seat and picked a road to take.

i did put a GPS on my ST 1300 for my recent trip out west, but mainly so I could located gas and motels. Didn't use it for general directions.
What kind of GPS is that?
What kind of GPS is that?
Please navigate to "How To" Section to see a detailed instruction.
 
Nano Tech_imp said:
n1n0_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Paper maps and a dumb phone here ...man, I'm old lol. Several times on my trip to the smokies I pulled out the ol paper map, unfolded it over the seat and picked a road to take.

i did put a GPS on my ST 1300 for my recent trip out west, but mainly so I could located gas and motels. Didn't use it for general directions.
What kind of GPS is that?
What kind of GPS is that?
Please navigate to "How To" Section to see a detailed instruction.

In relation to what Nano?

If you are referring to which GPS I used on my ST it was a Tom Tom 1 with a mount from mount guys, but I dont think there is anything in the How TO section about it.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nano Tech_imp said:
n1n0_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Paper maps and a dumb phone here ...man, I'm old lol. Several times on my trip to the smokies I pulled out the ol paper map, unfolded it over the seat and picked a road to take.

i did put a GPS on my ST 1300 for my recent trip out west, but mainly so I could located gas and motels. Didn't use it for general directions.
What kind of GPS is that?
What kind of GPS is that?
Please navigate to "How To" Section to see a detailed instruction.

In relation to what Nano?

If you are referring to which GPS I used on my ST it was a Tom Tom 1 with a mount from mount guys, but I dont think there is anything in the How TO section about it.

In relation to what Nano?

If you are referring to which GPS I used on my ST it was a Tom Tom 1 with a mount from mount guys, but I dont think there is anything in the How TO section about it.
Yes Ferret...That's in relation to the GPS set up... Please check now the "How to" section... you will find the instructions there ....

Cheers !!!!!
 
Very cool Nano, thanks for posting that up.
 
I am addicted to my GPS. When I moved here from Florida in 2007 I'd go for a ride and was constantly turned around in my directions. In Florida 99.9% of the roads go east and west or north and south so I was messed up bad. Once while riding lost, fuel low, I saw a mail delivery truck. Stopped and ask the driver how to get to highway 150, he replied that it's a beautiful day and you'll find it sooner or later. He laughed and said it is just couple of miles on. Anyway back to GPS: I use paper a lot to plan a route or to see where a road goes and so forth. But the GPS allows me to ride and not worry about where I need to turn etc. Also mine will warn me when fuel is getting low. And if you see an interesting road, you can go explore it and the GPS will get you back on track when you decide to. I have the Garmin Zumo and it connects to my helmet intercom and tells me the directions, that way I don't have to take my eyes off the road to check the screen. Anyway my $0.02
 
Back
Top