Rally Weather

Powerdogg55

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just looked at the 10 day forecast for Robbinsville NC. According to the weather channel looks like rain gear will definitely be in order. Hopefully this forecast will change between now & rally time.
 
It rained really hard last night and early this AM. It has stayed dry for the most part all day today, and now that the sun is going down, it's getting chilly.
I'm keeping an eye on the weather as Wel Lol
 
Hadn't you planned on camping for a few days before the rally?
 
Loks like you are a bit outgunned in that first pic.
 
Only 'till the first corner! :biker:
 
We might be 'ok'... the forecast was much worse a day or so ago. Keep your fingers crossed!

630d39fd0a0d9fb2d2adac42de06e033.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yea it was like 80% every day when I checked a couple days ago.
 
I really like warmer weather. I am one of those that would rather be on the warm side, than cold. Just deal with the heat better than the cold.

My jacket has one liner in it, a warmer wind water resistant liner. So far, I have not had the liner out. Even with the temps in the low 80's with sunshine, I have been just fine with the liner in, and have even appreciated the liner in certain areas. In elevations and with the winds, it has been fairly chilly at times.

Chance of rain over the next few days - Saturday looking like the best day for the weekend.
 
dUh!_imp said:
I really like warmer weather. I am one of those that would rather be on the warm side, than cold. Just deal with the heat better than the cold.

My jacket has one liner in it, a warmer wind water resistant liner. So far, I have not had the liner out. Even with the temps in the low 80's with sunshine, I have been just fine with the liner in, and have even appreciated the liner in certain areas. In elevations and with the winds, it has been fairly chilly at times.

Chance of rain over the next few days - Saturday looking like the best day for the weekend.
Does it feel chilly at night? Is a sweater needed?
 
Riding in the mountains is fun and can be challenging thermally ;)
You can be hot on the sunny side, go through a pass into the shade and be cold. Plus, the higher you go the cooler you will be. So bring a variety of stuff so you can layer up. It's cooler in the mornings and evenings. If it looks like it's going to be wet, you don't want ventilated boots or gloves.
I don't think it will be too bad this time of year though ;)
 
SanPete_imp said:
dUh!_imp said:
I really like warmer weather. I am one of those that would rather be on the warm side, than cold. Just deal with the heat better than the cold.

My jacket has one liner in it, a warmer wind water resistant liner. So far, I have not had the liner out. Even with the temps in the low 80's with sunshine, I have been just fine with the liner in, and have even appreciated the liner in certain areas. In elevations and with the winds, it has been fairly chilly at times.

Chance of rain over the next few days - Saturday looking like the best day for the weekend.
Does it feel chilly at night? Is a sweater needed?
Does it feel chilly at night? Is a sweater needed?
Like an onion... You want to be prepared with layers.
 
SanPete_imp said:
dUh!_imp said:
I really like warmer weather. I am one of those that would rather be on the warm side, than cold. Just deal with the heat better than the cold.

My jacket has one liner in it, a warmer wind water resistant liner. So far, I have not had the liner out. Even with the temps in the low 80's with sunshine, I have been just fine with the liner in, and have even appreciated the liner in certain areas. In elevations and with the winds, it has been fairly chilly at times.

Chance of rain over the next few days - Saturday looking like the best day for the weekend.
Does it feel chilly at night? Is a sweater needed?
Does it feel chilly at night? Is a sweater needed?
if your riding at night, yes a sweater plus jacket Lol
Just walking around town, has not been bad at all. It's really just the wind and elevation changes while riding when I've come through cool pockets of air.
 
Looks like the weather is changing a bit. Last I looked, Saturday will be mostly dry...Hopeful that the rest of the week will start to look better.
 
My ride down was dry. Beautiful day actually. Very light sprinkles a few mins ago. If Sat is going to be dry I may switch rides for which days. Park and BRP better if its raining. Dragon better if its dry.
 
Ferret, is Cormanus there yet? Did he bring you a Koala bear? :)

I looked at the weather there an it looks like rain tomorrow, but then is pretty nice. Is that what you think, being there and all.
 
Lol I dont think he gets here until tomorrow night .

Just met up with dUh. We are going to try and find someplace to eat breakfast in the morning then hit some roads.
 
Back
Top