Racks and model years

Classico_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I understand that 13/14 standard bike racks are not suitable for 17 onwards models but what about 14/16 EX?
There arent many racks available in Spain but i could get hold of a Givi SR 1118. Is says fits 13/14 standard model and i see, from pics, no diference on the mounting points of both models. Mine is 15 EX
Am I missing something?
 
Classico, check this information: http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MGC-A40.pdf

This is the instruction sheet I used to install my OEM luggage rack on my US 2014 Standard. You will notice that additional hardware is included with this kit (P/N 08L70-MGC-A40) to adapt this rack to fit the US 2014 Deluxe, which I believe is the same as your EX (Forum members, please correct this statement if I am wrong.)

I’m sorry I can not comment on the Givi rack, perhaps others will chime in.

Welcome to the forum!
 
That's important information Suhawk. That particular kit was for US models, and includes 2 pieces that are not sold otherwise. They are the left (and right) side garnish stays, and they lower the back of the rack so the platform sits level.

In Spain, your 2015 EX is equivalent to the US 2014 SA (also called DLX) model with the larger tank and twin mufflers, but your model would also have wire-spoke wheels.

The spacing between the two mounting hook bolts should both be 185mm, as on earlier models. But the grab rails are at different angles, so while the racks would fit the bolt spacing, it will sit lower in back and may hit the taillight.

In the US, the EX model was sold in 2017 only, and had the later tank with the flush gas cap. Its bolt spacing is 200mm, so earlier racks will not fit at all.
 
Thread starter
Oh, I’m just unable to get anything but the Givi SR1118 for my 2015 cb1100 ex (equal to DLX) it seems it might just clear rear light. Has anyone manage to do it???
 
I have the Givi on my ‘13. It sits up high enough to clear the taillight by a wide margin, much more than the Honda rack.
 
Thread starter
I’ve found a Fehling rack for the DLX/EX ref 6144 G
Now I’ve to check if this is suitable for a Givi molock Top case system
 
pekingduck_imp said:
That's important information Suhawk. That particular kit was for US models, and includes 2 pieces that are not sold otherwise. They are the left (and right) side garnish stays, and they lower the back of the rack so the platform sits level.

In Spain, your 2015 EX is equivalent to the US 2014 SA (also called DLX) model with the larger tank and twin mufflers, but your model would also have wire-spoke wheels.

The spacing between the two mounting hook bolts should both be 185mm, as on earlier models. But the grab rails are at different angles, so while the racks would fit the bolt spacing, it will sit lower in back and may hit the taillight.

In the US, the EX model was sold in 2017 only, and had the later tank with the flush gas cap. Its bolt spacing is 200mm, so earlier racks will not fit at all.
Man I wish I could find those garnish stays. If anyone has them please hit me up!
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
That's important information Suhawk. That particular kit was for US models, and includes 2 pieces that are not sold otherwise. They are the left (and right) side garnish stays, and they lower the back of the rack so the platform sits level.

In Spain, your 2015 EX is equivalent to the US 2014 SA (also called DLX) model with the larger tank and twin mufflers, but your model would also have wire-spoke wheels.

The spacing between the two mounting hook bolts should both be 185mm, as on earlier models. But the grab rails are at different angles, so while the racks would fit the bolt spacing, it will sit lower in back and may hit the taillight.

In the US, the EX model was sold in 2017 only, and had the later tank with the flush gas cap. Its bolt spacing is 200mm, so earlier racks will not fit at all.
Man I wish I could find those garnish stays. If anyone has them please hit me up!
Man I wish I could find those garnish stays. If anyone has them please hit me up!
Very easy to fabricate
 
The Fehling rack is a really small rack. I can't envision it holding any kind of trunk

82b29356dc17e200c0e004b36c4730fd.jpg


3f571dd209c78c525225c7496deb1d7a.jpg
 
Thread starter
Just to confirm that givi rack SR1118 fits perfectly on a EX/DLX model.
I’ve said rack fitted together with a givi 360 monolock and now can ride with the wife -wouldnt ride w/out back rest- and a few odds and bits. Doesnt look as nice, but fits the bill and it is quick attached/detached
 
it is possible to change the std seat with the dlx if you get all the brackets for the grab rail and the seat their are several post about this, so if you find a rack you really like for the other model than yours you can go to a dlx seat but i wouldnt go from dlx to std the std seat is terrible
 
Back
Top