Racing stripe install

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Installed a vinyl racing stripe on my tank this weekend. Plan to do the same with my Hakofugu red fender and Chic Sport trunk once they arrive.

It's vinyl so easy to experiment with. May go with painted down the road.

 
Sweet. That looks nice. You did an excellent job, especially in the recesses it appears.
 
I can see the two black stripes as vinyl, but you are saying that the silver is as well? When I zoom in on the detail around the tank opening, it looks exactly like paint. Tell us the secret...
 
Nice job, Rebel! :thumbsup: We need more pics though.
Also, I see alcohol was involved........................
Oh never mind. It's rubbing alcohol. :D
I look forward to the finished project.
 
Thread starter
Thanks! I used a heat gun for those tricky parts. Makes the vinyl more pliable.
Will provide more pics soon!
DGShannon_imp said:
I can see the two black stripes as vinyl, but you are saying that the silver is as well? When I zoom in on the detail around the tank opening, it looks exactly like paint. Tell us the secret...
The trick is a heat gun - makes the vinyl pliable and easier to work into the tricky parts.
And yes, projects always go better with alcohol!
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys. Glad you like it. Maybe I'll make a video for the Chic Sport Trunk install.
Elipten_imp said:
Ding, ding, we have a winner! Very nice. I'm jealous. Need a how too video.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad you like it, my friend, but no need to be jealous. :D

Just takes some patience and a few simple tools:

1. Rubbing alcohol - to thoroughly clean area.
2. Install solution - a spray bottle mixture of water with a few drops of dish soap.
This allows you to slide the decal around until you have it positioned just where
you want it.
3. Heat gun or hair dryer - makes vinyl soft and pliable to work into curves and indentations.
4. Exacto knife - if necessary to trim to fit tricky areas.
5. Squeegee or credit card - to work out fluid and air bubbles.
6. paper towels or lint free cloth.

A few bubbles may remain no matter what, but will settle within a couple of weeks after regular sun exposure.
 
Back
Top