R9T Island Ride

600 posts? Dang flapper lips. :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Had my girl out yesterday at last, was 52 and sunny. Still chilly but did 25 miles. :D
Only the 2nd time out on the Ohlins, they do help smooth the nasty roads out here a bunch.
 
ABOUT TIME .. bet it felt great! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
ABOUT TIME .. bet it felt great! :thumbsup:
It sure did!!!
Even out here with no where to go, I still need to ride.
Riding in loops gets old quick, but I can't live without a bike.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
ABOUT TIME .. bet it felt great! :thumbsup:
It sure did!!!
Even out here with no where to go, I still need to ride.
Riding in loops gets old quick, but I can't live without a bike.
It sure did!!!
Even out here with no where to go, I still need to ride.
Riding in loops gets old quick, but I can't live without a bike.
today I will ride the loop this way, tomorrow I will ride the loop backwards and see new scenery :rofl:

Feel bad for ya Ack. Motorcycles are made for going someplace and not just in circles. understand your need though.. I do.
 
Thread starter
Heading out for another 20, we'll see how different things look compared to yesterday in the reverse direction.
Since I've covered the island twice already his year, I'll have to hit the dirt tomorrow!

:D
 
Looks like a lovely day, Ack. How big's the island?
 
That looks like the perfect bike for here, maybe next year..... I went out to Don Allen's got my sticker and did the Sconset loop, filled the tank and headed out to Surfside, that totaled 23, very enjoyable miles. Going to keep the CB here for the summer then take it to the Cape in the fall, I can only do the loops so many times. You have to ride the beemer over here to get your shirt.
 
Thread starter
I do the Sconset loop daily, then either criss-cross through the moors for a while or head out to Madaket for a full tour. Yesterday was out through Madequecham Valley, deep sand out there.
I'll be lookin' for you, if you see two cylinders coming at you with a white fullface it's me!
If your out in the am weekdays, knock on the backdoor @ 3 Union, we'll do a loop or two. I do my best riding during work. :D
 
Thread starter
Just got back, hit 2k.
Not really a milestone, more like a ministone.
That 27 is my average MPH for the whole 2000 miles?
 
Wow, 27 mph for 2000 miles, of course some of that is off road right? Still that has got to stink. What is the highest speed limit on the island?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wow, 27 mph for 2000 miles, of course some of that is off road right? Still that has got to stink. What is the highest speed limit on the island?
I'd say 30% off-road.
We have one 5 mile stretch of 45 but 50 is OK with the cops.
My Prius was 16 for 13000 miles out here.
Your right, it stinks.......
 
Back
Top