Quick Saturday run through the Wasatch Mountains

Frulk_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Was supposed to be doing yard work but the day was just too nice. In the AM I took the Guzzi out and ran to breakfast and a friends house and knocked out a quick 30 miles. Came home, switched to the CB1100 and ran up the backside of the Wasatch Front Mt's just to the east of my house. I took Trapper's Loop out of the Canyon and wound my way up towards Snow Basin Ski Resort where the road crests at about 7,600 feet.

There I left Trappers and turned onto this road that heads towards the resort.

4fa29cad293e2d02bbc0074a021898dc.png


This was taken at the entrance to the parking lot of the Snow Basin at about 8,000 feet
b0308e715f13c15e93e55be9229b57cb.png


Coming over the top of Trappers Loop. In the background is Snow Basin Ski resort, home of the 2002 Winter Olympic Downhill
45e2cbf5f47f9155eb3ae74ddde6d460.png


This picture was taken looking south from Trappers Loop at the eastern slopes of the Wasatch. Further down behind those mt's is Salt Lake City

bd64627aa8b9059bda09cd0c35926830.png


At the bottom of Trappers Loop is Pineview Reservior

7f5796815db305257c7dd7f1f6fbcf34.png


To the east of the reservoir is a small farming town called Huntsville. In Huntsville is the Shooting Star Saloon, the oldest legal saloon in Utah.

b8177dc2119fa7deb3aed91642847bf7.png


East of Huntsville are more mountains and after a few miles you end up at Causey Reservoir. This is one of the nicest places to kayak in Utah and at times can be a productive trout and Kokonee salmon fishery.

41394c4b7baec0bee58706e66d9e38e7.png


af95cfcf7faaa39e3cdb5cd355193843.png


Road leading back to Huntsville and the way I came in on

5cbdc3007a8e724ac314771accc26d11.png


I rode back the same way I came and totaled up 73 miles on the CB. Bike ran strong especially at 8,000 feet and the engine braking was superb coming through the curves on the down slopes. Good day to be out!
 
My goodness, what a breathtaking place to live and ride. Lucky, lucky, lucky!
 
Great pictures. Fantastic looking place to ride a CB1100.
 
Back
Top