Quick Mirror Question

And very handy it is when you hit a bird with one.
 
Ben70_imp said:
Normally different per side, so they loosen rather than break or bend when dropped.

Ben
When my new CB1100 EX decided to take a nap at the side of road while I was dealing with a couple of bee stings, the mirror folded back. So I lifted the seat for the tool kit. A plastic fuse puller, plastic handled screwdriver with only one bit, and a 5mm Allen key. :@

My 2013 CB500XA had the full kit including a 14mm wrench that would have allowed me to tighten the mirror.

I now have a couple of small adjustable wrenches under the seat. Two are needed because the when the top nut is tightened counter-clockwise, it loosens the bottom nut tightened clockwise. :@
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
Normally different per side, so they loosen rather than break or bend when dropped.

Ben
When my new CB1100 EX decided to take a nap at the side of road while I was dealing with a couple of bee stings, the mirror folded back. So I lifted the seat for the tool kit. A plastic fuse puller, plastic handled screwdriver with only one bit, and a 5mm Allen key. :@

My 2013 CB500XA had the full kit including a 14mm wrench that would have allowed me to tighten the mirror.

I now have a couple of small adjustable wrenches under the seat. Two are needed because the when the top nut is tightened counter-clockwise, it loosens the bottom nut tightened clockwise. :@
When my new CB1100 EX decided to take a nap at the side of road while I was dealing with a couple of bee stings, the mirror folded back. So I lifted the seat for the tool kit. A plastic fuse puller, plastic handled screwdriver with only one bit, and a 5mm Allen key. :@

My 2013 CB500XA had the full kit including a 14mm wrench that would have allowed me to tighten the mirror.

I now have a couple of small adjustable wrenches under the seat. Two are needed because the when the top nut is tightened counter-clockwise, it loosens the bottom nut tightened clockwise. :@
That's all I got with my '14 too.
The dealer brought in all the missing tools for me free of charge.
Good idea to have the adjustable wrenches :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
So the left mirror is all right hand thread and the right mirror is right hand into the brake MC and left hand into the adaptor?
 
Nortoon and Rocky are in Canada. At least up till '17 they got the complete set. Or were supposed too :)
 
Lucky lads in Canada, guess in reality longer stretches of open road in Canada on The TransCanadian hwy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Back
Top