question on rear brake pedal arm

tdbru

Running like a top
Thread starter
On the used CB1100 I picked up, a 2014 std model, the tip of the rear brake pedal arm tips in right at the end.  I see no scuffing on it like it got bent.  and bending right at the tip of the arm wouldn't be where it would bend in a tip over anyway, I don't think.  So the question I am asking is about that end of the rear brake pedal arm.  Is it suppose to tip in right at the end of the arm?  or is the arm straight the whole way, which would tell me that on my bike, the arm got tweaked somehow.
thanks in advance for a reply,
tdbru


tdbru said:
On the used CB1100 I picked up, a 2014 std model, the tip of the rear brake pedal arm tips in right at the end.  I see no scuffing on it like it got bent.  and bending right at the tip of the arm wouldn't be where it would bend in a tip over anyway, I don't think.  So the question I am asking is about that end of the rear brake pedal arm.  Is it suppose to tip in right at the end of the arm?  or is the arm straight the whole way, which would tell me that on my bike, the arm got tweaked somehow.
thanks in advance for a reply,
tdbru

Hmmm....  methinks I have a bent one.  well, one more project.  straighten it out.
 
tdbru said:
On the used CB1100 I picked up, a 2014 std model, the tip of the rear brake pedal arm tips in right at the end.  I see no scuffing on it like it got bent.  and bending right at the tip of the arm wouldn't be where it would bend in a tip over anyway, I don't think.  So the question I am asking is about that end of the rear brake pedal arm.  Is it suppose to tip in right at the end of the arm?  or is the arm straight the whole way, which would tell me that on my bike, the arm got tweaked somehow.
thanks in advance for a reply,
tdbru


tdbru said:
On the used CB1100 I picked up, a 2014 std model, the tip of the rear brake pedal arm tips in right at the end.  I see no scuffing on it like it got bent.  and bending right at the tip of the arm wouldn't be where it would bend in a tip over anyway, I don't think.  So the question I am asking is about that end of the rear brake pedal arm.  Is it suppose to tip in right at the end of the arm?  or is the arm straight the whole way, which would tell me that on my bike, the arm got tweaked somehow.
thanks in advance for a reply,
tdbru

Hmmm....  methinks I have a bent one.  well, one more project.  straighten it out.



Can you post a picture so we can see what you mean?
 
Thread starter
I'll give a go at posting a photo.
-tdbru


evidently I don't have permissions to upload a photo. sorry.


tdbru said:
I'll give a go at posting a photo.
-tdbru


evidently I don't have permissions to upload a photo.  sorry.



rpdrpd1, is there a file size limit?  I do the "click or drop some files here to upload..." and the copy bar seems to work but no file is ever attached.
 
Here's what mine looks like if this is the angle you need. If not tell me which angle and I'll post more pics

4agGYKM.jpg
 
tdbru, the file size limit for photos is 2MB. If your picture file is larger than that, you'll have to compress it. If it's an acceptable size, after uploading, you should see a request to attach it to the post at the bottom of the Attachments box. If that doesn't work, rdprdp01 will have to respond.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
tdbru, the file size limit for photos is 2MB. If your picture file is larger than that, you'll have to compress it. If it's an acceptable size, after uploading, you should see a request to attach it to the post at the bottom of the Attachments box. If that doesn't work, rdprdp01 will have to respond.

ok, I think my file was too big.  I made it smaller.
 

Attachments

  • cb1100_rear_brake_lever_smaller.webp
    cb1100_rear_brake_lever_smaller.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 39
Cormanus said:
tdbru, the file size limit for photos is 2MB. If your picture file is larger than that, you'll have to compress it. If it's an acceptable size, after uploading, you should see a request to attach it to the post at the bottom of the Attachments box. If that doesn't work, rdprdp01 will have to respond.

I suspect your file is larger than the limit i have set or the Internet connection you are using has problems and is timing out before the upload is completed. May I trouble you to tell me how big is your file?

I prefer to use Imgur to upload images but I know most Members prefer drag and drop. Help me calculate what that upload size should be by sharing the size of your photo. Thank you.
 
Thread starter
rdprdp01 said:
Cormanus said:
tdbru, the file size limit for photos is 2MB. If your picture file is larger than that, you'll have to compress it. If it's an acceptable size, after uploading, you should see a request to attach it to the post at the bottom of the Attachments box. If that doesn't work, rdprdp01 will have to respond.

I suspect your file is larger than the limit i have set or the Internet connection you are using has problems and is timing out before the upload is completed. May I trouble you to tell me how big is your file?

I prefer to use Imgur to upload images but I know most Members prefer drag and drop. Help me calculate what that upload size should be by sharing the size of your photo. Thank you.

Rdprdp1,
my phone photo size was 3.8M.  I used paint to scale it to ~780K and it still has enough detail.  Now that I know that 2M is likely fine.  I'll just scale to that.  my phone dumps photo files that run between 3.5M to 4.5M or so.  I'll simply scale them from now on to 2M or less.
thanks,
tdbru
 
That pedal looks bent to me. The bit your toe rests on seems twisted forward and left, if that makes sense.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for letting me know Cormanus.  That'll be the next fix it project.  always something when you buy a used bike.
-tdbru

:s
 
Thread starter
well, disassembly, bending on the pedal with a vise, cresent wrench, and 3/8" socket extension and much better.
by the way, a 3/8" socket extension fits in the hole in the pedal end like it was made for it.  Perhaps the engineers
figured that there would be bent pedals and made the hole a good place to gain leverage to straighten things out?
-tdbru


Thanks Ferret for your photo of your rear brake arm.  it helped as well.
-tdbru
 

Attachments

  • small_unbent_rear_brake_arm_cb1100_b.webp
    small_unbent_rear_brake_arm_cb1100_b.webp
    334.9 KB · Views: 28
  • small_unbent_rear_brake_arm_cb1100_a.webp
    small_unbent_rear_brake_arm_cb1100_a.webp
    199.8 KB · Views: 29
Outstanding job!
 
Back
Top